Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost lake cajon pass.

1. Default

It's true, GB and I fished it once.

It's off a dirt road, limited facility, yes a restroom.

It's also near a place known for drug use and illicit meetups. Shady location but fishing was good when we went.

Quote Originally Posted by DotA View Post
    You want a screenshot or what
    Lost Lake....the famous "bottomless" lake...is no more. Burned over in the Blue Cut Fire....along with everything else in Swarthout Canyon, is revealed to be what it was. A Sag Pond that was about 12 feet deep. It will likely never come back as a fishery but still might remain a gathering place for those lost souls who seek temporary gratification in the great outdoors.

Thats what I thought. It is dried up now due to the drought and fires. The same thing that happened to lake Elizabeth in the high desert. Used to be good fishing lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Lost Lake....the famous "bottomless" lake...is no more. Burned over in the Blue Cut Fire....along with everything else in Swarthout Canyon, is revealed to be what it was. A Sag Pond that was about 12 feet deep. It will likely never come back as a fishery but still might remain a gathering place for those lost souls who seek temporary gratification in the great outdoors.

Best post I've seen in many years.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Best post I've seen in many years.
    !!!!! Wow. Amazing. Absolutely devastating and sucks to see the loss of yet another fishing spot, despite its unsavory reputation. Farewell, Lost Lake.

Then again, I've heard reports of it almost completely emptying out in the past, only to refill on its own. Would takes years, and some bucket biologist work....

Yes that is amazing and devastating, now it really is a lost lake.

I just enjoyed Viejo's humor. I remember many years ago driving in that area and stopped to hike around, didn't take me long to figure out why there were always dudes parked there for no apparent reason, I haven't been back since. Lot's of areas are now closed due to the fires, affecting a lot of hunting opportunities in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by DotA View Post
    who asking you all these questions ? Surely you don't need to keep repeating it to me, I'm im saying is I do need an adventure pass and there is a restroom there... I corrected you because I'm 100% sure there is a restroom there. Bye
    Still don't need an adventure pass. There's no facilities other then a dry sand fill depression. The entire Blue Cut Fire area is now closed until further notice and since you just lived a block away, you have lost everything. Very sorry about that.

12 feet?!?!

All my in depth (heh) research
    1 showed it was at least 400 feet deep.

1 FNN 2005-2016, various posts.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    !!!!! Wow. Amazing. Absolutely devastating and sucks to see the loss of yet another fishing spot, despite its unsavory reputation. Farewell, Lost Lake.

Then again, I've heard reports of it almost completely emptying out in the past, only to refill on its own. Would takes years, and some bucket biologist work....
    I was hoping it would dry up. SO....if/when it gets water of any quality to support fish anytime soon I have a unique idea for the fishery in the pond. Bucket biologists will mess that unique opportunity up.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast