Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did everyone do at dvl opening day???

Roughly 30 boats in line when the gates opened. Awesome day of fishing and the bite was insane. I limited in the first 20 minutes and my buddy Bill in 45 mins. We got bit just about everywhere we dropped the trolling motor. We caught so many fish we lost count, actually we just stopped counting. Lots of 3-5lbers with our biggest being 8lbs...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Roughly 30 boats in line when the gates opened. Awesome day of fishing and the bite was insane. I limited in the first 20 minutes and my buddy Bill in 45 mins. We got bit just about everywhere we dropped the trolling motor. We caught so many fish we lost count, actually we just stopped counting. Lots of 3-5lbers with our biggest being 8lbs...
    Nice going Hawgz! Any reports on stripers from passing boats?

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Nice going Hawgz! Any reports on stripers from passing boats?
    Thanks Pat! No, I did see a couple of the local Striper guys stripping flys but didn't talk to them on the water. By the time we got off the water late in the day they were gone. We did meter Striper schools @ 30-60ft.

Hahah that's awesome! I talked to couple folks as well, they caught about 8-10 each too, overall great day of fishing.

Lol Patrick ur not leaving skinner!

I have to admit it seemed pretty organized getting everybody on the water. We arrived about 415am and was about the 20th or so in line. The bite was pretty wide open, we boated 22 all averaging 2-3lbs, biggest goin for maybe 5lb. I hate that we had to leave about 1130. All in all it was good day, great to be back! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4847.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	48433Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7645.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	48434
    Last edited by buggin1; 05-20-2016 at 12:06 AM.

.thanks for that intel hawgz..................

Well I went today 5/28/16. It was actually cloudy in the morning and the wind picked up at 7am. Went to our first location and spotted some fish on the radar. Cruz the entire lake mainly focused on rocky structure and ended the day with 13 fish in the boat. Most boats averaged 4-5 lmb. Lmb are getting smart and know the anglers are back lol. Bite still fun and wide open just a lil grind to find and hook them.

Is your friend "in the business" ??

not a big deal. went the day after opening. not much of a line at all. they came down to collect fees, check bands, inspections, etc. open the gate at 0530 & up the hill, launch + go. mostly 2-3 pounders. better fish here + there. been there several times. great one day + slows up the next. brush + weeds in the water everywhere. fun times. didn't hear of any stripers. wardens have been there each time we've gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12