Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Sherwood May 15, 2016

Do you need any special permit to fish there? I know it's a private lake, and I've heard security is pretty tight there (same with Westlake Lake). I'm getting back into fishing and live in the Agoura area and was looking for some local fishing spots to hit up this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    velveta sweet!!!!!
    nice job you guys .how the the perch bite?
    lol,,,

cm
    @CrappieMike - There are also Redears in the lake and they get massive. Unfortunately the tules are there only real cover. The lake is pretty much devoid of brush piles like in the old days

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    The rental boats were wooden rowboats...I do miss rowing around that beautiful little lake catching crappie and bass.
    And if you had a gas engine you had to row or use electric until 8am

Got ya all beat!
    Fished there with my Dad in the 50s.
    The road came in through a grove of trees and picnic area to the rental dock and tackle shop. They had several very large bluegill mounted on the wall and IIRC one was over 3 lbs. We used a 1942 Johnson OB, rope start, on those wooden rowboats that I still have, that my Dad bought new before WWII. One of the best memories I have is fishing at that lake with him. Then in HS I would drive there and fish a little hold over pool along the road before we got to the entrance to the lake. It was a sad day for me when it went private. I'd love to go out on that water just one more time for old times sake.
    Along with that we went to June Lake every year for 2 weeks. That is still "home" for me. The only place I feel really "at home" with the memories. He went there the first time in 1925 (he was 21) out of downtown LA in a Model T. 3 days of driving a dirt trail to get there. Average fish was 5 lbs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12