Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Sherwood May 15, 2016

Default Lake Sherwood May 15, 2016

Hey guys,

Got out to Lake Sherwood once again. Overall a consistent bite all morning on the senko. But did get my first topwater fish on the popper. Had a great time out there, it was overcast and no wind. Just a beautiful morning for bass fishing, and I caught 12 fish myself. My buddy and I totaled 20 fish in 4 hours.

Heres the link to our video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2mb...ature=youtu.be

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1195.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	48410

Thanks,
    Mike Hauser
    805 Angling Brothers
    Check out our Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvK...eKqiabiIoTW7Ug

nice-I last fished there around 1978-lot of rental boats and trout and bass-with velveta cheese for bait

Thats pretty funny. Yeah its all private access now. Things have changed

Grew up fishing on Sherwood. 1972-1981. It was my favorite and memories are for life. My dad would drop me off in the morning on his way to work and pick me up at the gate in the afternoon . Loved every day.
    Best areas back then were near the fire station, the dam, and the docks on lower lake road.
    It's all different now.
    Even the feeder creek near the old marina area had nice holdover trout and the fish would spill over into westlake and that was awesome as well. Great times.

yeah no water flows out of the dam. The marinas have a lot of fish. No more trout plants either, I love when I get access to the Lake. Sounds like it was a paradise back then as well. Sounds like a great place to learn how to fish.

Fished there a lot in the 70's. Caught many bass from Bob Denver's dock (Giligan from "Giligans Island).

Quote Originally Posted by trollmiester View Post
    nice-I last fished there around 1978-lot of rental boats and trout and bass-with velveta cheese for bait
    velveta sweet!!!!!
    nice job you guys .how the the perch bite?
    lol,,,

cm

The rental boats were wooden rowboats...I do miss rowing around that beautiful little lake catching crappie and bass.

If that's the lake I'm thinking of, I recall fishing there for trout and using velveeta cheese for bait too! Did that place have a floating bridge that went across the lake?

Crappie Mike,

No perch in the lake. Lots of 1-2lb bluegill.

- 805 Angling Bros

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast