Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Looking for another place to fish for Catfish!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking for another place to fish for Catfish!

Well, Lake Havasu was a bust for me, I fished all over the Lake, and even up river for a couple of miles, I was not able to get any bites on the cats. I was able to hook and release a couple of LMB, 1 was a nice 5 pounder, also hooked a striper, it was also a 5... Ounce that is... Caught a rather large Redear, but over all the fishing was really slow for me, the wind came up and I also got quite sick from the heat and lack of nutrition. Not going to be able to get back on the water for a couple of weeks, but if there is anyone out there who wants to fish on my boat with me, and has a favorite fishin hole for the Cat Fish, send me a PM. I am open to suggestions. I bought a new "Baitrunner400" reel, and tomorrow I'm going to go to BPS to try to match up the reel to a new spinning rod. I put on 50 poung braid line and I'm thinking of fishing it with 15 to 20 pound line, bait and wait style. A friend suggested using circle hooks for the bait and wait, Many years ago I used to fish off the shore for cat fish, but now that I have 2 boats, the shore fishing is over.

This is not the first time I have suggested Fishers Landing out of Yuma, Az.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3OU...ature=youtu.be

Okay DF, you have been right with everything you have helped me with so far! Do you think that you might be up for a free fishing trip to "Fishers Landing"? If you recall I went to your place and you helped me with my fish finder.
    I know that you already have a really nice boat, but if you don't want the hassle of towing, cleaning the boat, and having someone to chat with, I would sure like to check the place out with you. I am going to attempt to look up the place on the web right now, What can you tell me about what I can expect there? I am thinking of giving it a try in 2 weeks.

Check out all the tabs on the site. http://www.fisherslandingresort.com/Pages/default.aspx

Dry camping $5 a night. Motels in Yuma. Long stretch of river to fish and several backwater areas also. Do look on Google earth for a general overview of the area and watch the you tube video I posted.

Alright, I looked it up, and I am now planning my next trip, which will begin at Fisher's Landing Yuma! Going to ask my cousins if they want to join me this time!
    I think that it would be extra cool if I could get both of my boats up there at the same time and give it a go!
    Naturally, I will leave a post on the trip, still have not learned how to post photos!
    Plans are to get out of town here on the afternoon of the 25th and then make the return trip on the 29th. Found a hotel near by for under $250 for the 3 nights, well actually I expect to utilize the room in the day time while the heat of the day is burning me up and the fish are in their slumber mood!

If you tie up anywhere in the ca channel you'll get on some channels and flatheads. The entrance is on the left as you pass Martinez, don't forget the bug spray.