Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: T/o turns roman into a sierra trout slayer

Default T/o turns roman into a sierra trout slayer

after work on thurs I went up to intake 2 and had a slayfest. just to the side of me there was a father and son fishing ,I was wfo they looked to be a little slow. fri after work I went up for round #2, the father and son were back ,this time on the other side of the bubble hole. I walked up got my stuff out and was putting on a clinic. I kept watching the dad and young man fish and they were not doing very well. after a while I felt I had to do something, so I set my pole down and took a powermouse over and handed it to roman and told him if you want to catch like me put this on youre hook and throw it out there ,he looked at me kinda of funny then he put it on and threw it out . the next couple hours as I fished and he did I coached him ,telling him exactly how and where to throw it and work it. after a while he started to slay them and every time he got a fish ,I could see the amazement in his face. after a while his father Rafael started talking to me and thanking me for being so kind, I asked if roman was partially deaf ,because when I talked to him he was giving me many different looks. then Rafael told me that he has autism ,that explained why he was trying to figure me out. the more I helped the better his fishing was happening ,he was slaying like an old pro in a couple hours and him and his dad had a blast. as I packed up to leave I gave them a full packet of the hot mouse that was working, roman and his dad both thanked me ,during the afternoon the had to run back there truck ,while they did I had told roman to look up troutonly on the internet when he got home and he would know who I was. while they walked to there truck and back roman looked me up. when I was leaving I was reminding him to look me up and Rafael told me he already did......when Rafael said that roman gave me a great big smile and a wave goodbye..................

Nicely done Bob ! Teaching and giving back is what it's all about . Kudos.

Trout only you are a class act. Nice going there. I like orange with white myself wrapped with salmon peach.

Way to go, awesome report and story!

T/O I usually love reading all of your posts, but this one just might be my favorite! Well done!!!

A true class act Bobby Boy!! Great read as their smiles say it all. I can see future father/son trips for years to come...again, great job T/O. Way to allow them to enjoy the sierras as we all DO!!! Thanks

That is a cool story Bob, very nice of you to not only make their day, but give them some insight to success in their future trips. I know you kill yourself during the day with your contracting work, trying to finish early so you can go slay the trout, but the rewards on this trip were priceless!...............Dave

That's just like you Mr. Bob ... thanks for being you!