Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: RIP Peace & Tranquility - 5/7 & 5/13 Reports

Default RIP Peace & Tranquility - 5/7 & 5/13 Reports

5/7 - Caught the tail end of the front for some awesome weather all day, mostly cloudy with a perfect breeze. Started at the west dam and worked our way to the saddle dam and then to the rock quarry. My buddy ran into a nice one on an ika and I was having a blast ripping em on the crank, stuck some solid ones off the dams down deeper around 15 feet. Absolutely love to crank, once I get a few going you gotta pry the cranking stick out of my hand lol.

The flooded brush around the lake has been a godsend. Although not all the areas with brush are holding if you find the right ones at the right time they can be stacked... pitching/flipping paradise! Been awhile since you could say that at DVL. The lake is starting to look awesome again, still got a ways to go but no doubt all this new cover is turning the bass on right now.

Wind picked up just a little bit late morning and we headed towards the rock quarry. Stopped by the islands and got into a killer blade bite circling the islands and picking apart every pocket of brush. In the quarry fished some isolated rock and brush and had an epic wide open bite on soft plastics. Multiple doubles and smiles all around and not a single boat in sight. Left the lake on a high note for sure that day.

5/13 - Went solo for a little morning sesh. High pressure blue bird sky day. Water was up about 2ft from last week and is finally starting to clear up, more clear on the eastern side and some dirtier areas mixed with algae on the west end. West dam is a good area to clog your reels up with algae, ask me how I know lol.

The majority of the bass caught lately have been post spawn and this time of the year is usually notorious for a great reaction bait bite so the first thing I picked up was the cranking stick. Turned out to be a good choice, they were scattered around pretty good in the corner of the west dam and I had a lot of fun winding n grinding.

Payed the roadbed a visit and it was completely stacked with 2-3lb clones. All you could want weightless senko and ika fishing in the brush, burned through nearly two packs in about an hour. Decided to finish up at the saddle dam to see if there were any big girls hanging out, the wind was pushing that direction and I felt like that was the place to be. Found some more clones using senkos then decided to just crank away with the wind starting to pick up. First cast the wind pushed it closer than I intended about 5ft from the bank, turn the handle damn it hung up... wait no, fish on! Turned out to be a solid feesh. Connected with another good one shortly after and decided to call it a day on a positive note.

I titled the post as so because it's been a pleasure to be able to fish DVL the past year or so with such little pressure on the lake. So much so that I've probably gotten a bit too used to it. Spoiled no doubt. We all know what's about to go down in the coming week and I know the private boaters are chomping at the bit and I don't blame any of you... the bass fishing has been off the hook! It's gonna be a freakin madhouse out there, I keep trying to convince myself that I'm gonna lay low until things simmer down. But ehh, who am I kidding. See y'all crazies out there?

Awesome report bro. Sadly, I will not be one of them crazies till the next couple of weeks when everyone have fishes the heel out of DVL. Good luck brotha and tight lines.

Three words,wow,wow,nice!

Cya Tuna Vic

OG MUDBONE,

An outstanding report!

Was there anything in your tackle box that wasn't working?

Looks like you caught them on everything you put in the water! 'Can't wait...along with every other fisherman in So. Cal!

Those DVL bass are healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the great report.

This makes me want to get out there