Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Isabella

Default Lake Isabella

Has anyone been since Trollmeister's post? Thanks

MM

I went four weeks in a row,havent been in a couple weeks.each time water went weigh up 5 feet a week.id say if it was 72 feet at the dam,its over 100 feet deep,good launching by the sout fork.the reason I have not had a chance to go back -the weather man says over 20 to thirty mile an hour winds on the weekends. I am going sunday with out the boat and fishing the upper kern river.i bet the lake is still wide open for trolling. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by trollmiester View Post
    I am going sunday with out the boat and fishing the upper kern river.
    Was there this weekend.

The kern is BLOWN out. CFS at Fairview 3 weeks ago when I was there was around 700 CFS. Today? 2250.

Good luck if you go and be careful.

I fished upper by the power plant water was running so fast could not cast bait--river is fast and wide-the lake is full but bad winds on sunday.went to lower kern at hobo campground-caught 2 trout two suckers and a smallie

I fished upper by the power plant water was running so fast could not cast bait--river is fast and wide-the lake is full but bad winds on sunday.went to lower kern at hobo campground-caught 2 trout two suckers and a smallie
    Yeah, it was surprising to see French Gulch have a few drops of water. Last year during the Fall, that sucker was high and dry.

We drove past Kernville in hopes to find clearer water, but the entire watershed is pretty much in full runoff mode right now. Still managed to have a great time up in the Sequoias tho.

Going to isabella tommorow to troll-hope ikts wide open

Going to isabella tommorow to troll-hope ikts wide open
    Good luck & post a report!

MM

went yesterday the lake turned over cant see over a couple of inches-the damm was 78 feet. only saw fish by rocky point area.managed five trout on the troll.crappie were no where to be found.caught one bass released. left at twelve do to winds and drove back home. hot coudy day no rain.got stoped by dfw had license with two rod stamp,life jacket and throw cushion-was not over limit-they just doing there job said goodbye abd drove home. stoped in lamont and had cevhice from a food truck ,was real goo and got gas for 2.43 a gallon.gave fish away to a nice family out for a walk to the store.drove him and listened to the dodger game.have a nice memorial day everybody.

went yesterday the lake turned over cant see over a couple of inches-the damm was 78 feet. only saw fish by rocky point area.managed five trout on the troll.crappie were no where to be found.caught one bass released. left at twelve do to winds and drove back home. hot coudy day no rain.got stoped by dfw had license with two rod stamp,life jacket and throw cushion-was not over limit-they just doing there job said goodbye abd drove home. stoped in lamont and had cevhice from a food truck ,was real goo and got gas for 2.43 a gallon.gave fish away to a nice family out for a walk to the store.drove him and listened to the dodger game.have a nice memorial day everybody.
    still had fun with no crappies!!!
    that's how you do it...
    the turnover process ,,
    is a crappie nightmare,,

cm

went saturday limited on nice trout in a hour--catch and released many--all on the troll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast