Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Catfish lakes ????

Default Catfish lakes ????

Is there any good lakes around an hour drive from long beach that are good for cats?
    I am completely devastated that irvine is closed, as thats the lake that got me hooked on catfish.
    SARL would be my last resort as I have only had 1 trout taken from that lake out of the 15+ times i have been there, and i doubt it is my fishing skills as i can go to irvine and limit out even on the slow days .

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    Is there any good lakes around an hour drive from long beach that are good for cats?
    I am completely devastated that irvine is closed, as thats the lake that got me hooked on catfish.
    SARL would be my last resort as I have only had 1 trout taken from that lake out of the 15+ times i have been there, and i doubt it is my fishing skills as i can go to irvine and limit out even on the slow days .
    PM me and I'll give you the 411. You're a great kid and let me help you any way I can!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    PM me and I'll give you the 411. You're a great kid and let me help you any way I can!!!!
    Aww cmon Etuck!?

Aren't you the one that exposes everything because this is a fishing site?

PMs? It looks like you're becoming like those you are complaining about.

Why not divulge the info for everyone to partake on?

I am also pained that I can't night fish at Irvine this summer. Irvine had been a great strees/depression reliever (deaths, layoffs, etc) for me over the past 17 years. I get withdrawals when I can't sneak of to the hidden gem less than an hour from my house. Moreover, my wife has finally accepted me going weekly to catch fish at the Vine. What to do, What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Aww cmon Etuck!?

Aren't you the one that exposes everything because this is a fishing site?

PMs? It looks like you're becoming like those you are complaining about.

Why not divulge the info for everyone to partake on?
    I will give 3/4% of the information out on the open air ways. The other 1/4% I will give out to ANYONE who pm's me. I'm not like that goof last month who thought the information was for locals only. He might have well just said, "only my kind of people will get the information." (whom ever his kind of people were!!!!) lol

Other then the pay lakes (SARL only) and the San Bernardino county lakes, catfishing is now few and far between in the greater LA/Orange County area's. There is only two ways to do any catfishing. The first way is to follow the Kid's catfish derby's and feed off of their leftovers. Carbon Canyon had one this past weekend and Lincoln park had one the week before. (people can do their own research on when the next ones are coming up.) The other group that still stocks catfish is the County's in their Regional parks. Getting that information is a little on the tricky side. If you can get it it's GOLD!!!!!! Just to make it clear the DFG DOES NOT STOCK CATFISH ANY MORE ANY WHERE!!!!!! That's it folks, you now know everything I know!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-10-2016 at 09:59 AM.