Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Aqueduct Oasis Rd, Pinon Hills 5/8

Default Aqueduct Oasis Rd, Pinon Hills 5/8

After fishing at Jess Ranch in Apple Valley and on my way to Phelan to visit my mom for Mother's Day, i stop by Turners in Victorville for some mackerel or sardines but all they had were anchovies . I planned on doing some more fishing after visiting.
    This was my second time fishing here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	48377
    I got here at 7:00 pm and it was really windy! I had low exceptions because the place is pretty new to me and I don't have experience fishing in a current like that (man that water moves). Like i told the guy at the Jess Ranch lake when it wasn't looking like we weren't going to catch anything, "i'am always good for at least one fish".
    I like to be confident ( aka lucky) when fishing and it payed off because i caught my first Aqueduct catfish AT 8:35 pm
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	48378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	48379
    He was only about 3 pounds but i'll take it. Plus i had my trout poles, so i would've of been pissed if I caught a big one and couldn't drag him up the wall to shore. I did have trouble. I felt him pulling but every time when lifting up the rod I could tell i was snagged on something, it took about 5 mins but i finally got free
    I accepted my victory and left not too long after. It was cold, I only had a t-shirt with me and had no flashlight.
    Last edited by dA KittY PuniSheR; 05-09-2016 at 01:23 AM.

Grats, nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    Grats, nicely done!
    Thanks,
    That fish or even one of my fishing bells going off from a good bite was all i needed. Now i'm hooked on the Aqueduct too. Plus it's free!! Time for me to get that GoPro that i have been wanting, just to see what's really in there?
    Last edited by dA KittY PuniSheR; 05-10-2016 at 04:00 AM.

Looking forward to your GoPro footage.