Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jess Ranch 5/8

Default Jess Ranch 5/8

Woke up about 6:00 am and decided to get some fishing in before visiting my mom in the high desert.
    I wanted to give the kitties a break this time and fish for trout because i didn't want to visit my mom smelling like mackerel .My girlfriend usually has to wash my clothes two or three time when i come home from the lake.
    Got to the lake at 8:00 am and was surprised to see the parking lot was a ghost town
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	48376(That's it three cars)
    I didn't catch any trout but the kitties wont' leave me alone!! ( i rarely catch cats when fishing for trout here)
    I hooked up to two of them and knew it right away because my ugly stik poles shot straight down and began screaming drag.I have caught 100's of trout and they don't bend the pole from straight up & down to only a couple feet from the water.On the second hit i wasn't by my pole because i was talking with a fellow fisherman. When i went to set the hook, there was a guy with three kids watching, so as soon as a set the hook, i asked if they wanted to reel in the fish? They were all excited, it was a girl and two boys. The girl started first but they all had to take turns cause i had cast out almost 30 yards and that fish wasn't coming in. It ended up taking them about 15 mins to reel in that #7 to #9 lb'er on light line. Man, they were super excited and relieved from the long battle when they finally got him to shore!! I know i created a great memory for them, i like to do that for a kid one in a while.
    Maybe, this gave me good karma in my second report of the day because i don't know what the hell i'm doing out there.
    Last edited by dA KittY PuniSheR; 05-09-2016 at 01:08 PM.