Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SARL 5-6-16 report

Default SARL 5-6-16 report

Arrived at SARL for some evening fishing. This was the first time here for my wife and I. We were third in line for the 5pm to 11pm fishing. Crowd was light from the looks of it. I got some good tips from some of the members here so thank you again for that.

We decided to fish the big lake near a cement patch and yellow pole. There were people to the left and right of us which gave us a good sign that it was a good spot. We had carolina rigs with pike mackerel and shrimp. Some rain hit us varying from drizzle to a light soak. Once it hit 9 pm rain stopped and the wind disappeared.

We saw a guy to the left of us get two catfish but both of the catches occurred early in the evening. Both looked to be about 1.5 to 2 pounds. Other then that no fish. My wife thinks she had a nibble on one of the rods with shrimp. We did not see any one else hook up. Two float tubers and a pontoon came by but no hook ups for them either.

Disappointing to say the least. I think the low temperature compounded with the rain made fishing tough.

i was there last night i got 3 on mack and many bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares Sonozaki View Post
    i was there last night i got 3 on mack and many bites.
    Congrats. I am glad some people caught something.