Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: boat shakedown and recon mission

Default boat shakedown and recon mission

I took the boat to the lake to check out how she runs after repairs ...only a hiccup with the graph wiring. fished half the day with no graph till I mcguyvered it with one of my trolling motor batteries.did the c and r on dozens of trout in several areas around the lake,gold bouyants, castmasters ,power-mice pink and white. the cats were wide open on crawlers I would hate to see what they would do on some fresh sardine or Mackie.i only trolled a little after I did a temp fix on the graph , saw lots of shallow shad schools but scattered stripers. I killed a few fish for a co-worker and I lost a beast striper the took my inflated crawler ran me around the boat for twenty minutes before he broke me off......trout setups against big stripers is like taking a bb gun to a gun fight. the monster stripers were in millers canyon smashing the **** out of the trout..........after tomorrow it will be back to the guide trips.................T/O...................I did play with some greencarp but quick releases and no pics on them .they liked my green jigging worms............the quadfecta.........

Take the boat in for one thing, get it back, and other things that used to work, no longer work sheeeze........ That is a difficult lake to troll with a graph, let alone in the dark. when you called the other evening and told me about those giant stripers boiling on trout, in an inaccessible area, that had to be pure torture....Hopefully soon, our work schedules will allow a few days on the water together!..................Dave

Nice T/O!! Thanks for the report, we are heading out there Wed and Thurs. Hopefully we will have a good report to post.

Hell yeah t/o, that's a great all around day of catching.

yea buddy I was there the week before Sunday with your buddy Joe. We were just chasing trout.
    It was like fishing Irvine except for no crowds and small fish! We caught a few dozen on the troll by noon!
    I would expect the big boys to be killing with all those trout. They were all over the lake. Joe fished them three days that week.
    He only landed one striper. We will get our stipers this weekend we are headed to the turny in Havasu. I want a shot at the big boys locally, but I will likely be too late. typical. Maybe I will The WSB this time missed them last year by that much.
    Get um bob.

KP