Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Can any one help me find Green Sunfish around Los Angeles/OC (Pictures attached)

Default Can any one help me find Green Sunfish around Los Angeles/OC (Pictures attached)

Greetings All,

I hope all is well. I have been trying forever to find, catch, and release nice sized green sunfish on the fly for my photo collection here https://www.instagram.com/ucangler/

Please PM me if you want to help with my collection. Just throwing out here.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by ucangler View Post
    Greetings All,

I hope all is well. I have been trying forever to find, catch, and release nice sized green sunfish on the fly for my photo collection here https://www.instagram.com/ucangler/

Thanks all.
    Green sunfish are in just about any body of water to be honest. La river, Hollenbeck park, Legg lake, Lincoln park are a few you can try.

Caught those on the fly from a tube up at Jenks Lake.
    Specifically remember the larger than average mouth for a panfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Green sunfish are in just about any body of water to be honest. La river, Hollenbeck park, Legg lake, Lincoln park are a few you can try.
    3 of these bodies of water i caught many fish gills, crappie, bass, but the GS has eluded me. Thanks.

3 of these bodies of water i caught many fish gills, crappie, bass, but the GS has eluded me. Thanks.
    That's pretty cool about the crappie. Those fish always elude me.

Cool feed! Love the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Cool feed! Love the pics.
    Thanks man. Now show me where there are 6 inch+ Green Sunfish!

ucangler - I sent you a PM just now..

9. Default

Greetings All,

Thanks all.
    Supp bud. Check out some of the urban creeks in the IE...loaded with greenies

Balboa park in Van Nuys. over by the "waterfall" on the north side. in and around the rocks.

lots of tilapia as well...