Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anything happining on the river?

Default Anything happining on the river?

Haven't seen any new posts in a while, is anyone out there on the river? I am looking for a new experience on the river and have yet to pin down just exactly where to try next!

If you're fishing around Blythe area, I don't know any spots besides the canals. As for the Bill Williams to the right of Parker dam, fish to the right of havasu springs resort around ten feet of water. My best has been using night crawlers for channels. There are lots of tullies around that area too if you're looking for flat heads. The best times to fish that area is from early morning till about ten. The the afternoon from 5pm-8:30 pm. After that the bite slows down for catfish. I have had success in that area for a few years now and many people will not share their "secret spots" in that area. But like you, I just wanna go out and catch some fish. Good luck.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I will check it out this Sunday, I've been to Blythe twice now for multiple days. I have also been further up around Havasu , no idea where Bill Williams is, but I hope to find it this Sunday. My desire is to find calmer water to fish throughout the night for catfish and stripers if they are around. If the cats don't bite at night that is good to know, I will then ditch the idea of simply sleeping on the boat with the clicker on. Much more comfortable to sleep in my tent if the fish are not willing to play. Is there free dry camping near the river launch areas? My trips up there in February I spent $30 - $40 a day at various camp sites, but then I discovered a little place in Blythe where I was able to dry camp and launch for $0 a day, including launching from a dirt ramp. much better on the budget! Especially when you consider that the only reason to be at the camp site was to eat and sleep, and I didn't do much eating. There is something about fishing in a tullie infested body of water, my mind says that this is prime area for fish to live, too bad the fish don't think like I do.

Let me know if you want to jump aboard my boat for some fishing, my plan is to fish the weekend after the 8th. Like the 14th and 15th.

My trips to the river is done for the year. I normally go from April or may only because that heat is no joke out there. And the channel for me seems to be prime time in that area for me. After that, it gets very grassy. And Bill Williams is to the right of Parker dam. Thanks for the invite though. I have also slept on the boat out there too with the rods out on the water. Was a calm and then windy evening.

Here's a video of us last month at Bill Williams area. Enjoy. Don't mind the video because my son is still learning how to edit his videos.

https://youtu.be/ptkE9w0er8k
    Last edited by Jhondayang; 04-30-2016 at 09:25 AM.

I liked those videos, Where were you all with the catfish? they looked like channel cats.

As I have mentioned before, we were fishing at the Bill Williams river area. It is to the right of Parker dam. We fished to the right of havasu springs resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhondayang View Post
    My trips to the river is done for the year. I normally go from April or may only because that heat is no joke out there. And the channel for me seems to be prime time in that area for me. After that, it gets very grassy. And Bill Williams is to the right of Parker dam. Thanks for the invite though. I have also slept on the boat out there too with the rods out on the water. Was a calm and then windy evening.

Here's a video of us last month at Bill Williams area. Enjoy. Don't mind the video because my son is still learning how to edit his videos.

https://youtu.be/ptkE9w0er8k
    Nice video dude,, used to fish the Bill Williams arm as a kid 60 years ago with my Grandfather, fished out of Black Meadows Landing,, its where it all started for me,,,, man how its changed, grand dad had place there from the early 50s,,,,

yep gets hot down there sometimes, most of the time just overly warm lol 110 is a cool day come July,,,, but if n ur look n for the mighty flathead best plan on fish n in it, spent nights out on the boat and it over 100 at 1am,, have a 12 volt fan that helps on cool n it down a tad after a cup of water over the top of the head,,,, been so hot un anchored the boat went to shore beached the boat and climbed in the water and sat in a beach chair fishing cooling off,,,, most of the time one of the last things I do is get in the water before setting up for the night, always have a bar of soap on the boat to make things better lol,,,, pic 2 years back one afternoon,, temp sender outside in the shade under a mulberry tree,, missed it when the high was 124 lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4280.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	48356  
    Last edited by riverbud55; 05-03-2016 at 04:35 PM.

I totally agree with you. I stayed out at black meadow landing before in the winter and it is quiet. The bill Williams river is a great area to fish. It doesn't get too crowded with boaters compared to havasu city. However, the wind and heat can kick in at times. You are correct about being 100 degrees at 1am. And by 5am, it will be nice, but by 6am it will be already 90 degrees outside. I gotta tell you though, find shad, net them and you're golden!!!!

I do indeed thank you all, I bought the map off the sportsman website, and I also bought a "California atlas & Gazetteer" from turners today, I bought lots of egg sinkers and $65 worth of Mackerel, and Bonita from an Asian store. BPS has this sale on every Tuesday in May 10% off everything, that and ,y VIP card saved me $108 today. One of my buddies from this site and I are going to fish the striper tournament sponsored by WON, looking forward to that!, I wish that I could get out there this weekend, but "Mothers Day" has put a stop to that... Requested off Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, return to work Friday, leave and head straight back to Parker for the tournament. I am of the thought that the Cat fish bite Mackerel, as well as Bonita, I also know that the channel cats will eat night crawlers. As for the stripers, I am thinking that I will need anchovy, or sardines. Do you all think that the AC plugs will also produce there? I also have the Deps side swimmer plugs in trout, bluegill, and shad.
    Do the Flatt heads eat cut baits? Or do they mainly focus on the red ear? I plan to pre fish the tournament for 3 days solid, and I really want to spend some time on the anchor, and soak bait while I chill out and attempt to take a nap.
    My buddy has a house 1 mile from the launch, so therefore no camping this trip, I do intend on driving up and down the river from the dam to where ever I can drive the boat looking for back waters and coves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast