Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anything happining on the river?

Sardines will be a good bait and wait for the stripers. But if you're planning to compete in the striper tournament, you're going to have to use spoons, umbrella rigs, and look for shad. Your cut baits are good enough for what you are going for. As for spots, if you go fish around the bill Williams river, right in front of havasu springs, there is a bouy that runs across there. You can try to bait and wait around there and spoon in the morning. There will be a few boaters that you will see trolling a U-rig too. You cannot go wrong fishing Parker dam area

Quote Originally Posted by Jhondayang View Post
    My trips to the river is done for the year. I normally go from April or may only because that heat is no joke out there. And the channel for me seems to be prime time in that area for me. After that, it gets very grassy. And Bill Williams is to the right of Parker dam. Thanks for the invite though. I have also slept on the boat out there too with the rods out on the water. Was a calm and then windy evening.

Here's a video of us last month at Bill Williams area. Enjoy. Don't mind the video because my son is still learning how to edit his videos.

https://youtu.be/ptkE9w0er8k
    nice vid, how deep is that area?

We were only at about 10-12 feet of water.

Thanks again, I just bought 15 bags of anchovy, Turners had no Sardines, So that will be my next target bait, perhaps Wal-Mart will have sardines, but if not ... Anchovy and night crawlers will have to do. Sport Chalet is closing down, I bought a shaman 4000 bait-runner today @ 20% off. I have a Koi pond at my house, I put the small cats in there, simply cause I like to watch them, yesterday I fed the fish Bonita, and Mackerel, to my horror, this morning I found a 5 cat fish and 1 bluegill dead on the bottom of the pond... Dam, I wonder if the Bonita was somehow poisonous?
    @ the Bill Williams arm are there also redear/bluegill/crappie?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12