Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Colorado River 4/22 to 4/24

Default Colorado River 4/22 to 4/24

Very heavy sustained winds Friday and Saturday so no fishing (lots of house and yard work though). Sunday was glass so called in sick for work Mon and fished all day. Caught some early on a swim shad but that bite died quick. Switched over to a Gitzit https://www.gitzitinc.com/main/index...duct/view/3/73 and it was game on. Spawn was pretty much gone but found a few beds. Somewhere there is a 4 to 5 pounder swimming around with one of my new baits in its mouth. I broke 2 nice ones off on the same reel before I stopped using it. Time to re-spool... Ugh

THATS a bucket mouth!!

BIG BOY!!!

My beaver friend seems to have met his demise :-(

TRIFECTA!!

Fish hard or don't fish!!

Last edited by Hawk; 04-27-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Some nice sized models on this trip! Thanks for sharing.

Really great pictures, where was that? And more important can you explain to me how to transfer photos from my phone to this site? I have been spending more and more time fishing the river lately, in fact I have not been on a lake yet this year, or at least not that I can recall, but I have been on the river8 different trips so far this year. I'm really liking fishing the river, and that is partially due to the fact that I also like the camping aspect of the adventure. I don't like to have time constraints put on my fishing either, I want to get on the water when ever I want to get out, and not only from 7AM - 7PM!
    Looking at looking for new places this weekend, without the boat, can you help with places that I should check out? I plan on starting out around Blythe and work my way north for a couple of hours, starting out from the Inland Empire around 07:00, ride up to Blythe area around 10:00, and then ride north following the river for maybe 3 hours, then turn around and head for home before the darkness and cold set in. From me to Blythe is 180 miles, I am not sure how far I can get following along the river, but I imagine that I may be able to get as far as Havasu, for the ride back I will be able to make pretty good time, so in 4 hours riding, stopping only long enough for fuel I should be able to eat up 320 - 350 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Really great pictures, where was that? And more important can you explain to me how to transfer photos from my phone to this site? I have been spending more and more time fishing the river lately, in fact I have not been on a lake yet this year, or at least not that I can recall, but I have been on the river8 different trips so far this year. I'm really liking fishing the river, and that is partially due to the fact that I also like the camping aspect of the adventure. I don't like to have time constraints put on my fishing either, I want to get on the water when ever I want to get out, and not only from 7AM - 7PM!
    Looking at looking for new places this weekend, without the boat, can you help with places that I should check out? I plan on starting out around Blythe and work my way north for a couple of hours, starting out from the Inland Empire around 07:00, ride up to Blythe area around 10:00, and then ride north following the river for maybe 3 hours, then turn around and head for home before the darkness and cold set in. From me to Blythe is 180 miles, I am not sure how far I can get following along the river, but I imagine that I may be able to get as far as Havasu, for the ride back I will be able to make pretty good time, so in 4 hours riding, stopping only long enough for fuel I should be able to eat up 320 - 350 miles.

Start an account on photobucket, upload your pics, click on them one at a time and hit the IMG option, the paste on your thread.

Check out Riviera Drive off of the 10. It mirrors the river and there are spots you can turn into and fish. It is south of the 10.

Thank you for the information! I will check it out!

great job and great pics