Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Havasu & Topock April 22-24, 2016

Default Lake Havasu & Topock April 22-24, 2016

Spent a couple of days fishing against the wind. The river was slow but the water level was high. Was able to nail some nice ones. Fished at night with cut anchovies for the Stripers. All Largemouth and Smallmouth were hooked in the coves near the brush and cover.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6415.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	48294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6419.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	48295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6429.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	48296Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6430.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	48297

Wow, that looks like an awesome catch! So the river in now popping? I'm looking to ride my Harley up to some of the places on the way to Havasu this Sunday to scout out a place for my next adventure. I was able to camp and fish out of Blythe for 2 weekends with no cost for camping or launch fees. Kind of got spoiled with the $ savings. I want to take my Tracker PRO195TXW out in 2 weeks, and attempt to fish through the nights, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where I should look around for such accommodations. Was the River consistently over 6 feet deep? While I was on the river in Blythe there were some spots where the water was so shallow that I could see the sand bars in about 6 - 8 inches of water, and they came up with little or no warning. On my other boat that was not too much of a concern as it runs in very shallow water, but this is not the case on the 195, this one has a modified V and therefore requires much deeper water.
    Paying my dues finding different places to productively fish, but would really like any assistance anyone wants to throw out! I generally fish with the empty back seat, so if anyone out there wants to join me and direct me to their not so favorite fishing hole... PM me or just reply to this post. I also have a down rigger on the 195, but I have yet to see anywhere on the river where a downrigger would be of any use.
    At any rate, I have lots of plugs and swim baits to throw as well as the lighter tackle for the smaller stuff. I camp out of a tent with a generator, no motor home.

was out there the other day (havasu, not topic), and noticed some enormous bluegills and redears under the docks.

sadly, i wasn't able to go fishing... ...I was doing a survey of scorpions to help out a couple of arachnologists

I'll probably be there a week or so later, probably will be too crowded though :\