Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DVL to open to private boats May 18th

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    The stripers at DVL just let out a collective "gasp" when they found out the lake was opening to private boats on May 18th and their are reports coming in of Striper trying to swim up the aquaduct to get away from the onslaught that is coming their way from guys like TO "Bob"
    It's nice to see the Pro's getting their shot at those DVL Stripers again. Since private boating was halted I haven't seen very many outstanding Striper reports. I was wondering was it from the lack of good Striper anglers. (in my one and only experience on the lake, the quality of the anglers was a little disappointing.) Or the Stripers are in a down cycle from what they were just a few years back. Time will now gives us the answer!!!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-27-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's nice to see the Pro's getting their shot at those DVL Stripers again. Since private boating was halted I haven't seen very many outstanding Striper reports. I was wondering was it from the lack of good Striper anglers. (in my one and only experience on the lake, the quality of the anglers was a little disappointing.) Or the Stripers are in a down cycle from what they were just a few years back. Time will now gives us the answer!!!!!! lol
    If the quality of angler was not up to standards the day you were there I must have not been fishing.................my skills are of the highest degree....lol. Actually I'd be a lot better angler if I had patience. Ill make like two casts with a swimbait and set it down for the dropshot rig. Ill give that half a chance and then wonder why I didn't stay in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    According to their facebook page it is on May 18th. Get your gear ready. Get your boat ready to launch. Get in line and get some!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you gotta wait till the 18th of May.
    Rod cya out there.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I dont think its a lack of good anglers... its just those good anglers don't always feel the need to publicize what they catch. Im not one of those "good" anglers, but from what I've seen the big ones are still there in abundance.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
    I dont think its a lack of good anglers... its just those good anglers don't always feel the need to publicize what they catch.
    Winner winner, chicken dinner!

pipe is flowing.. I am in..

Im looking forward to the opening!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So we're back to boats being lined up near Domenigoni Road?

Back to people cussing out inspectors because they have a drop of water in their outboard?

People getting yelled at because someone is fishing too close to them?!

Sign me UP!!!

...back to guys getting chased away by lake "police" from Domegoni entrance who are selling fresh dead 'dines?

...back to lake "police" sneaking up to the I/O tower undercover to write tickets to boats tied up to the cable?

SIGN ME UP TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    ...back to guys getting chased away by lake "police" from Domegoni entrance who are selling fresh dead 'dines?

...back to lake "police" sneaking up to the I/O tower undercover to write tickets to boats tied up to the cable?

SIGN ME UP TOO!
    Dammit... I forgot about all that..

How about the "DVL Launch Ramp Shuffle":

You know, " Guys lined up to make the long trek down the ramp bottling necking at the bottom with only two accessible ramps open with the low water while guys launch on rental boats right and left and wave goodbye as they head towards your secret spot".

"THen you get stuck behind a rookie backer upper who backs down from the very top of the ramp only to jack knife every ten feet and start over while the sun rises over the horizon killing your topwater dreams".

Here the "DVL launch Ramp Shuffle" played to the song "The Super Bowl Shuffle" that was sung by the infamous 1985 Bears.

"My names Huskerrod and Im the best backer. Just check out my 2006 Tracker. I can turn my trailer on a dime, take the ladies on a wine and dine. I can catch trout, bass, and gill...............but Im a strictly catch and release Jack and Jill mister no kill. So next time your at the diamond look me up, but dont crowd my spot you know whats up"
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 04-29-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast