Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: perris huge DD

Default perris huge DD

OH it's a carp. Gotcha

Nothing wrong with that...carp give a good fight!

MM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Nothing wrong with that...carp give a good fight!

MM
    Especially on 6 lb fluro

Quote Originally Posted by BentRod View Post
    Especially on 6 lb fluro
    I totally agree!!

MM

Laughing my arse off chasing that thing around and trying to get it in the net.
    Old Man and the Sea flashing through my mind.

Wild! I too caught one of those beasts at the wood last year, didn't know for a while just what was on the other end of my rod, but I was fighting it like a yellowtail! Short pump and lift, short pump and lift... Finally Laugh, laugh, and laugh! Wipe the sweat off and laugh some more!

What a PIG! Bet it fought like a train. Props!

Carp deserve more respect. I caught a dandy at DVL last year. sucker broke my net and slimed my boat. People asked me if I killed it upon catch. Heck no, the fight that fish gave me insured his safe release. Awesome fighters and you got a real dandy.

Saw some carp masters out at Perris a few weeks ago. The guys had rods 10 foot long and could cast dang near half way across the lake. Every time I looked over to them on shore their rods were buckled over. when they caught a carp they had a tripod with a scale hanging from it contraption with a bag they put the carp in to weigh it. No undo stress to the carp. They then photographed and videoed the catch and released. Then back to battle another. A few times it looked like they were holding a sack of potatoes when they were mugging for the pics, but it was huge carp. Thought about offering to trade my bass gear for carp gear. Those guys were having a blast.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 04-27-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Used to fish for them at local park. Light line & corn. They take off like no tomorrow

MM

When you are out on the lake in a float tube by yourself on a weekday in the early morning hours, those giant carp have hit my legs that are hanging down below me. Scared the crap out of me. Also when they jump right next to you.. a 20 or 30 pound fish can give you quiet a startle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast