Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No boat launch till May 3rd..?

Default No boat launch till May 3rd..?

That's what their message says..
    Any more info?

I read on zerolimitfishing.com that they need to work on the power plant so they're dropping Pyramid about 20 feet and putting the water into Castaic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    I read on zerolimitfishing.com that they need to work on the power plant so they're dropping Pyramid about 20 feet and putting the water into Castaic.
    Does 20 feet put the launch ramp outta water? I thought Pyramid's launch ramp could handle more than a 20 foot drop.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Does 20 feet put the launch ramp outta water? I thought Pyramid's launch ramp could handle more than a 20 foot drop.
    I have no clue...that's the explanation I read, but in any case it does appear they're closing the ramp for a while.

I called yesterday and they said the water is too low to launch and to call back Friday because they are hoping it will be done in time for the weekend.

Perfect time for shore fishermen !! Thanks for the info !

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Seems Pyramid was almost at capacity when this drawdown started.

So that means that if Pyramid ever drops 20 feet, there will be no more launching.

Let's remember that. ;-)

2,571 - 2563 = 8 foot draw down, that's is all it took this time to stop launching boats?

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterGuppy View Post
    2,571 - 2563 = 8 foot draw down, that's is all it took this time to stop launching boats?
    I called bull$hit on my previous post. My concern will never get adressed tho.

20 feet. Remember that, folks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast