Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: El Capitan Info Please???

Default El Capitan Info Please???

Fishing El Cap for the first time this Sunday. Any info on how the bite is or has been would be appreciated.

Also, I'm assuming that it has the usual inspection procedures as other SoCal reservoirs. I was in Skinner this past Sunday, so does the quarantine put my okay to launch on regulated waters by the following Sunday? That would be 8 days later. I can never figure that out, lol.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    Fishing El Cap for the first time this Sunday. Any info on how the bite is or has been would be appreciated.

Also, I'm assuming that it has the usual inspection procedures as other SoCal reservoirs. I was in Skinner this past Sunday, so does the quarantine put my okay to launch on regulated waters by the following Sunday? That would be 8 days later. I can never figure that out, lol.

Thanks in advance!
    It's 8 full days before you can launch at another lake other than skinner

Quote Originally Posted by Triton1 View Post
    It's 8 full days before you can launch at another lake other than skinner
    I'm almost 100% sure I've done Skinner on a Sunday and then Perris on the following Sunday. It's been a while and I can't remember and I'm trippin myself out. I've got a 2 1/2 hr drive there and don't want to be disappointed.
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 04-22-2016 at 08:38 PM.

If I'm not mistaken, it is seven days before you can go to another lake after skinner.

That's what I thought too and still think. On the 8th day you're good to go. I think that's where the confusion lies; saying 8 days vs okay on the 8th day.

Fished El Cap yesterday. It's kinda funny that I sweated this whole inspection thing considering how it all went down.

Arrived at the main gaurd shack/pay station. They take cash only so the dude there sent us down to the store. We were only at the gate for like 8 seconds and we completed no paperwork, nor did the guy have anything to write on with him.

Drove down to the concessions trailer. The older guy (very nice) took our credit card payment and never left the modular trailer. Not only did no one inspect the boat, but they didn't even seem to care that we were there.

After being on the lake for about 2 minutes I could see why. Quagga city! Weird that there is no tracking of the CF number coming out though, for tracking purposes.

As for the fishing, it kind of sucked. We picked em off here and there on jerk/crank baits and some finesse sight fishing, but nothing worth writing home about. We bumped into a couple of fisherman who said that Saturday (the day prior) was epic. We later learned that there was a night tournament the night before so that makes sense. The water level is very low and lake is really small so a night of fishing pressure probably put a damper on the Sunday bite.
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 04-25-2016 at 09:42 AM.