Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic 4/19/2016

Default Castaic 4/19/2016

My nephew (Ryan) and I took our little boat out and fished Castaic for the first time. I should of done more research, I didn't realize how most of the lakes topography was. We fished it pretty hard while exploring a new lake. We trolled around with smaller crappy umbrella rigs, nothing crazy, got hit a few times but nothing stuck until later in the day. We threw mostly reaction type lures for bass in the coves, It's hard to bass fish without a trolling motor haha. I had a few followers on a white jerk bait and a big 8 inch trout swim bait. I didn't even think of fishing a drop shot or senkos after the followers for some reason. I spaced it lol. Too excited to fish and explore a new lake I'm guessing, but we are planning on going again next week. We saw a few bass pulled up from the bass guys. Mostly drop shot it looked like. Towards the end of the day we were just driving around the areas we didn't explore yet the and we decided to go back to a point we liked earlier in the day, once we got to the point Ryan got his umbrella rig stuck and we stopped the boat to go get it. Instantly the fish finder goes nuts! I get hit on my umbrella rig while I'm reeling it in and get the fish close to the boat and it spit the hook. While I'm hooked up Ryan breaks off his umbrella rig and I tell him to drop a big kastmaster because there are still a ton of fish under us, probably 40 feet down or so. He drops down and jigs for 2-3 seconds and gets hammered. It was a nice schoolie 23-24 inches 3-4 pounds maybe? It was a great day with little fish caught, we will be back for sure with a better game plan now that we know the lake better. Thanks for reading, God bless

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEaI3Uvt...by=just_be_rad
    Last edited by christainmetalhead909; 04-22-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Good job guys.

Saw some new water and beat the skunk! nice day...