Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night fishing on the boat?

Dude
    Moonlight madness at Castic lake.
    It's during full moon during the summer.

This year my bass club had scheduled a night tournament at Silverwood on the 2016 Tournament Schedule, (which we've had done several times in the past at Lake Perris). At Perris we just had to pay the OT Rate for a staff member. We fished until midnight at Perris and had a ball.

This year we contacted Silverwood to make arrangements for the tournament and were informed Silverwood does not allow night tournaments! Doesn't surprise me, as the Silverwood staff always seems to be much stricter on the rules and regulations. Probably as a result of some of the abuse they get from the public.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 04-30-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    This year my bass club had scheduled a night tournament at Silverwood on the 2016 Tournament Schedule, (which we've had done several times in the past at Lake Perris). At Perris we just had to pay the OT Rate for a staff member. We fished until midnight at Perris and had a ball.

This year we contacted Silverwood to make arrangements for the tournament and were informed Silverwood does not allow night tournaments! Doesn't surprise me, as the Silverwood staff always seems to be much stricter on the rules and regulations. Probably as a result of some of the abuse they get from the public.
    Don't think your take is an accurate reflection of the reason. The "staff" has nothing to do with this type of decision and it is more than likely something to do with the other players in Silverwood lake, feds., DWR etc...

Oh and your bass club scheduled a night event at the lake without even discussing it first? Wow that was certainly putting the cart before the horse.
    Last edited by seal; 04-30-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12