Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake skinner 4/20/16

Default Lake skinner 4/20/16

Went to skinner today with my son. Fished from 6:30-11:30. We caught about 4 largemouth all on plastic. Three on drop shot and one on senko. Lost four, two due to setting the hook like a ***** and two from the largie shook me jumping out of the water. All in all it was a great day. All fishes caught were about 10 feet. It seems that they wanted the presentation more slower than usual. That's my first report that I have for skinner. Have a great day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	48242Click image for larger version. 

Views:	426 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	48243Click image for larger version. 

Views:	414 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	48244

Check out my son "Andrew Yang" with his YouTube videos at skinner. Thanks.

Not a bad half day especially considering there were two bass tournaments there this weekend. I heard they killed them on Saturday. It took 18 lbs to take 3rd place. We went Sunday and when we checked the boat in, they asked if we were there for the tournament. Then I realized why I don't fish on weekends. By the time we got on the water, there were already boats everywhere we wanted to fish. Saw guys catching lots of fish where we wanted to fish but what are you going to do? I only managed 2 fish, and missed a few more. The biggest was 5lb 5oz flipping a 8.5" lizard. The fish were buried way back in the tules probably because of all the pressure.

It's funny, I fished tournaments for years but now I despise them.

I gotta tell you, I worked for those bass. It wasn't easy and at times I wanted to stop fishing. If I had known there was a tournament the weekend before, I would have waited a few more days. I am glad I didn't go out that weekend either. Not change the subject, but I hate fishing during a tournament.

Nice looking chunks there

Good looking bass.

Thanks. Went out again today and got four largies, lost three, and one striper. The striper was caught on chicken liver and the largemouth on drop shot and senko. The senko was fished very slow and then wham! Fish on.

Here is the video of this day of fishing from the original post. There are a few other videos only son "Andrew Yang"'s YouTube channel also. Enjoy everyone and tight lines.

https://youtu.be/TADPLgnxaJg