Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Surf Session of the Year... Multi-Species Morning. S.W.A.T. Sunday 4/17

Thumbs up First Surf Session of the Year... Multi-Species Morning. S.W.A.T. Sunday 4/17

I've been pretty busy working and traveling and haven't even hit the surf this year yet...
    I really wanted to fish and had a small window this past Sunday.
    My Mom was coming back from Israel and I was going to pick her up at LAX later, so I had the morning open to hit the surf.
    I haven't been out there in so long and had no clue as to where to fish, so I texted Mike (Bones) and Don (Bachiboy) for some suggestions.
    Mike says he can't fish on Sunday, but Don suggested an area and told me he would meet me there at grey light.

The weather and conditions were excellent and we caught a total of six different species from the sand and off the rocks.
    It feels great shaking off all the rust... almost forgot what catching a fish out of the surf felt like. LOL

The coolest part of the morning was seeing a couple of Whales swim by super close while we were on the rocks.

Here are some pics...

My first surf fish of 2016.

Spent a little time exploring the tide pools.
    We only saw one Starfish... They're dying off.

Don, it was great sharing the sand with you again my friend... Hopefully, the Tuna bite will be hot again this year and we will hunt them together soon.

Have a good one everybody...

Arthur (Wingnut)

"A Leader is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him..."

Extra stuff...

Went to see my buddy Jokoy at the Irvine Improv last Friday... awesome as always!
    He came by my office yesterday... thanks for lunch Joe.

Celebrated a birthday a couple of weeks ago... the "BIG" one, lol
    Got this nice well-wish text from Nick (Anchor3n1) and the girls on my B-Day...

Dinner with friends at Houston's in Pasadena.

Watering the Beast is always painful even when gas prices are low... Thank Goodness for the Prius.

Parting shot.

Romeo and his BFF.

An Optimist laughs to forget... A Pessimist forgets to laugh.

Welcome back to the suds Commander,

An excellent first session indeed and a very nice variety of fish that was caught between the two of you.
    It's always great to see a couple of the SWAT Brotha's hitting the surf together ... good things just seem to happen.

Don .. that was an excellent AO choice for Arthur's come back session .... I like that spot!

I hope to see many more reports from you in the not so distant future.

SP Dan <"))><

..........great report Arthur......................

Yay Arthur!!!

That is a fantastic report my friend. It's good to see you and Don in the surf again. I think this is a sign of better things to come in the surf soon!!!!

God bless

Nick

Good job as always Arthur. Sorry about this belated HAPPY HALF CENTURY but as you know I have been upside down lately with my life in general and the 25th just kinda melted into the fog. For what it's worth brotha...you still seem to be getting younger looking each year. Must be those younger ladies in your life....LOL

Man you and Don did very well but that was expected when you guys told me that you were driving Wayyyyyyy Down south to see if the yellows were close to shore. Thanks for the invite and I'm sorry I had to pass this time but I promise....I will get a handle on things soon and get back into the swing of things as soon as the storm passes by so to speak.

Talk to ya soon brotha,

Mike

Always love your reports! Happy birthday and God bless, Mark

woa... I thought perch had gone extinct! way to go, young fellah!

Hey Arthur

Glad to see out in the surf again my friend and as always great report.
    Happy B-Day, God Bless.
    Ramiro.

Whoa! the big 50 lol. Here's to getting your toes in the sand again soon! Just turned 62 myself. Only difference is after work I find the naps
    are a welcome relief. We got the 1st legal flat one from the beach this year today.

Nice getting out there again with you brother. Wish we coulda got that picture of my monster PB walleye. That bad boy musta been pushing a whole 3 1/2". Well glad I got a few checkers in the count but couldn't keep up with your mixed bag. Quite a day out there. Hopefully we can do it again soon.

Happy belated birthday!!!
    Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast