Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 550lb thresher shark caught oceanside 04/17

Default 550lb thresher shark caught oceanside 04/17

Fishermen catch 550 pound thresher shark in CA

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 3:16 AM PDT

Fishermen in Oceanside, CA, brought in a gigantic thresher shark - weighing in at 550 pounds and measuring 20 feet long. (Source: KSWB/CNN)

OCEANSIDE, CA (KSWB/CNN) - It’s proof that sea monsters really do exist - a 550-pound thresher shark was the catch of the day and became the talk of Oceanside, CA.

“Everybody was like, ‘Is that real?’” said fisherman John Lish. “I was like, ‘Yeah, it’s real.’ I couldn’t believe it.”

Fellow fisherman Ryan Cicero agreed.

“They’re thinking it’s a giant giant just coming through,” Cicero said. “It’s something you’d never experience.”

He and others felt lucky just to see a shark this big. But what about the people who had to reel it in?

“I haven’t really caught a shark that big, but, it’s a long, long fight, especially the way they hooked it,” Lish said. “The mouth-hooked it, so that was even better.”

The shark came in at 20 feet -with the tail taking up about half the length.

And with the weight and measurements, there’s no stretching this truth.

Thresher sharks are not known for being aggressive against humans, but they are extraordinarily strong, and every fisherman who got to see the shark said they would have loved to have tangled with the noble 550-pound predator.

“It’s a different experience,” Cicero said. “You’ve got to put everything you’ve got into it, you know? I’m sure it took those guys - a couple of guys, I’m sure - it took a while to get that guy in.”

Read more: http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/31744...#ixzz46Bv8QIL3
    Last edited by BALLERONBUDGET; 04-18-2016 at 08:14 AM.

Good eating?

saw the fish on local news. very impressive looking fish. biily b...i never ate one, but guys i know have said they liked it.