Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tugging on some Tanks in my HG7 shirt! 4/17

Default Tugging on some Tanks in my HG7 shirt! 4/17

Another two great days batting. Last night Rick an I had a 2.5 hour sunset session and landed a total of 5 between 44-50" I broke in my new Okuma Longitude 12' and Penn Spinfisher 8500 loaded with 65lb braid. I plan to eventually fish with 80lb shock leader and 170lb sevalon coated wire on a 3 way swivel rig. The set up is a bit heavy but its not a problem if you take a sit every now and then. The Longitude is a weighs a bit more than my prevail but can cast much better than my 12' penn prevail.

Today i went out with Supra97Turbo and his Friend Art for a mid day session and conditions were great. White caps for about 2 hours but it was no issue with the 5 and 6 oz pyramids we were chucking. We were fishing an outgoing/incoming low tide from .5-2'most of the day. With our rod holders further up the beach the grass in the skinny became somewhat of an issue. . Hook ups first cast and a steady bite all day. We landed i believe 10, I had the hot spot and landed 6 with 3 in the mid 40"s, 2 50"s and a 53". Two hooks pulled with one being a nice bat that popped in the skinny, I'm sure it had something to do with all the seaweed on it. One Huge one that took a lot of line started rubbing against some outer reef and i started to get that awful vibrating feeling. Popped 15 seconds later.

50"

Supra landed his PB, 1/4" under 50" Congrats!! His friend Art also landed one around the same size!

As i was battling my 53" my second rod goes off and I told Supra to grab it and fight the fish. Our lines started going in the same direction and we worked it out. I saw the my spool on Supra's fish and fought my fish towards him to investigate. 30 seconds later i get there and we see the metal from the end of the spool. I Cranked down the drag and it kept pulling. We both started thumbing the spool as a few yards were left and it popped. It was another monster! The reel only had about 230 yards of line due to me losing about 40 yds on a reef ripper the other day & Cheap braid( Kast king) Which is much larger diameter than Power Pro. Not sure how i landed the 55.5" a few days ago on that reel.

Here is my 53"

Hope I get into some sharks soon! Gotta start soaking that Mac more. I'd like to pull on some Leo's. soupie or 7 gill would be a major plus! That grinner on the spinner is coming guys!
    :wink:

Thanks for reading everyone :D

Looks like you guys have that Ray fishing down,must be quite the fight in the surf!
    Thanks for report and pics.

Cya Tuna Vic

Are Stingrays good eating??

wow.........

Sean

You definitely have it dialed in with those monstrous BATS!!!
    Congrat's on your 53" and to your friend for his 50"!! WTG guys!!!
    I can't get over how huge these bats are!!

Thanx for another great and inspiring session read!!!
    Lovin the HG-7 shirt!!!!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-18-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Holy shnikies! Those things are some Jeremy Wade worthy beasts!

Hi Sean

Nice report, nice job on the muddy Marlins, and NICE SHIRT

See ya soon buddy,

Nick

Thumbs up

Cool shirt bro... It's about that time again when we start thinking about HG8.

Those are some big brutes, must have been a great work out. lol

Keep up the nice job Sean.

Nice job on the tanks Sean.......The tug is the drug as Verne would say!

Damn good job man! Ive been driving up to ventura about every week or two from the AV and havnt had much luck but one batray on mackrael. What beach were you fishing at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast