Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jess Ranch 4/17/16 Two DD Catfish

Default Jess Ranch 4/17/16 Two DD Catfish

Drove up to Jess Ranch for the kitties.
    Weather was too windy to fish my favorite spot.I like to cast out far as i can which usually does me good.
    I couldn't get no distance on my cast so after a hour, i went across the lake and tried a new spot for the first time, to cast with the wind instead of against it.This turned out to be a good move.

I caught three cats today with a total weight of 30.5 lbs

#1 15 Lbs
    #2 4 Lbs
    #3 11.5 Lbs

Due to a dead phone battery, i wasn't able to take pictures.
    I did get my picture take with the 15 lber at the front but they usually don't post picture's taken on Sunday's until the next week on their website.I spoke with the lady who handles the website and she told me to send her a email for a copy of the picture, idk know when i'll get it? Sorry i hate posting without attaching pictures.

That's 3 catfish 10 lbs and over caught so far this year out of 4 trips trying for cats!
    Last edited by dA KittY PuniSheR; 04-17-2016 at 07:26 PM.

nice catch. thanx for sharing

nice! When do they stop stocking trout? Ive been wanting to go but i think i have to wait for winter. To bad i cant brace myself since winter isn't coming lol

Quote Originally Posted by NeKro View Post
    nice! When do they stop stocking trout? Ive been wanting to go but i think i have to wait for winter. To bad i cant brace myself since winter isn't coming lol
    They stock trout year around since they have their own hatchery , even during the summer months.In the summer during the hotter months the trout do seem a lot smaller, but right now the average are good size about 2 lbs.There are some big ones still being caught too! They usually stock Fridays LATE between 2-3 pm from my experience in the past. Just know they are open only Fri,Sat,Sun 7am to 4:00pm. Everybody i seen today had at least 2 trout, about five different people's stringers.One guy & lady had 6 nice trout.All 2-3 lbs really nice.
    Good Luck if you decide to go out there
    Last edited by dA KittY PuniSheR; 04-17-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	48226
    I got the picture today....