Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: New PB Surf Calico; Malibu

Default New PB Surf Calico; Malibu

Hello again, FNN! It's been almost a year since my last post; too much work, not enough fishing :(

However, I hit the sand this morning and landed a new PB surf calico! Just shy of 18 inches. I've caught bigger bass from a boat, but this beats my surf record by a couple inches!

For those interested I was casting a 3/8 oz chrome Kastmaster with an interlocking barrel swivel, on 20 lb spider line invisibraid. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	48210

Congratulations on your PB surf Calico!! WTG!

Great catch!

SP Dan <"))><

Good job Can. As I recall....you posted when you were fishing the grunion runs last year.
    Congrats on the PB checker.

Very nice fish, CONGRATS!!!
    Robert
    <><

Congrats on the PB!! Man i miss pulling on those things!!! Can't wait till my foot heals up and i'll be chucking lures for them.

Much congrats on your PB, tis a toad for sure!

@SP Dan and @murrieta angler and @ vdisney- Thanks, guys!

@bones - yup, that was basically right after I got back into fishing last summer after a decade hiatus, (when I was about 16 I decided waking up at 4 am on a Saturday was no longer cool). I'm looking forward to the runs again this year, as its basically one of the only times I can get my wife to join me, lol. She had a blast chasing those little guys around last year while I was soaking the ones she caught.

@surffishingsean - how long til you're healed up? Still trying to find a committed fishing buddy. Some of my friends come with me from time to time, but they tend to get bored quick if the action isn't fire, and definitely don't accept the invite every time I go. When you're good to go we should hit the waves together! I'll PM you my digits.

I knew it was a quality fish when I first hooked up, but I thought for sure it was a halibut. This guy shook his head like crazy under those waves! Was really surprised when I saw his big old head sticking out of the shallows, lol.

Good job on the pretty calico!!! Go do it again

Nick

Thumbs up

Great job on the nice Checker... time to hit the surf again and get a 19 incher...

Nice fat checker there Cam! Congrats on the PB!!!

Don