Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stripers at it again

Quote Originally Posted by gwurzel View Post
    found trout in the right hand cover at Twin Cove (theres a hump in the middle) - fished small flicker shad on light gear over them, 19 trout in about 3 hours (change of pace from fishing for bass) water temp up there was 61.8.
    Awesome! Thanks for that info. I've still yet to catch a Wood trout, it's always jailbirds for me. I doubt trout like zoom flukes very much...

Welcome, wife was slow rolling hers, she caught 11 to my 8 - vary your retrieve speed until you find what they want. Hump was best (rolling down the sides) but she caught them coming to deep from shallow on both shores.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for that info. I've still yet to catch a Wood trout, it's always jailbirds for me. I doubt trout like zoom flukes very much...
    Tiny flukes on a bubble rig work wonders on the trout.

.hey gwurzel where is the twin coves ive fished there forever and didn't know that name............or I just forgot in my age of being senile..............

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silverwood map.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	48334

Top right hand cove - past quiet and live oak landing.

that's funny ive in there many times................lol..........you've got the og map I used to have them for all the so cal lakes..........

Always loved the wood, but, go strapped at night . There are no cops around to cover you and your rig. Always thought about paking my truck, then hunker down and see what scum surfaces. Just a thought .

Yup, got several maps - Perris and Silverwood get the most use - while we were camping, there was an incident on the docks - someone broke in and went for a ride in a rental boat. Wife freaked out, shot across to our boat, all good fortunately. Hate thieves with a passion, no time for them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Always loved the wood, but, go strapped at night . There are no cops around to cover you and your rig. Always thought about paking my truck, then hunker down and see what scum surfaces. Just a thought .
    I have thought about the same thing
    They've hit my truck twice since Jan
    So pissed for awhile I thought about putting a So PAC rattlesnake in a box and let em steal that
    ! .....then again I do have a conscience....
    it's not just the wood.bastards are hitting any cars parked over at deep Creek as well
    Last edited by sealclubber; 05-10-2016 at 04:00 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123