Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Eastern Sierra Opener! AKA Fishmas 🎣🎅🏻

Default 2016 Eastern Sierra Opener! AKA Fishmas 🎣🎅🏻

Good afternoon y'all, I just wanted to send out a post and get an idea how excited everyone is for the 2016 Eastern Sierra Fishing Opener! I can't really put into words just how happy I am to make my annual migration from Southern California to the Sierras each and every last Saturday in April every year!!! I'll be taking my first cast at Rock Creek Lake with 4 super good friends of mine. Remember, you don't have to keep every fish you catch, there's laws against that...lol...plus catch and release is always good for next years trout fishing. Also, if they are bleeding don't throw them back, trout are weak and will more than likely die. Plus, always remember to pick up after yourself....please 🙏🏼, no one wants to see your cigarette butts and fishing line all over the place. Lastly, have fun and enjoy Gods country....Good Luck 🍀

Quote Originally Posted by farhachris View Post
    Good afternoon y'all, I just wanted to send out a post and get an idea how excited everyone is for the 2016 Eastern Sierra Fishing Opener! I can't really put into words just how happy I am to make my annual migration from Southern California to the Sierras each and every last Saturday in April every year!!! I'll be taking my first cast at Rock Creek Lake with 4 super good friends of mine. Remember, you don't have to keep every fish you catch, there's laws against that...lol...plus catch and release is always good for next years trout fishing. Also, if they are bleeding don't throw them back, trout are weak and will more than likely die. Plus, always remember to pick up after yourself....please 🙏🏼, no one wants to see your cigarette butts and fishing line all over the place. Lastly, have fun and enjoy Gods country....Good Luck 🍀
    Once the calendar starts the new year I check to see when the opener will land. Then I put in for my vacation.
    Just picked up my license last Friday. Now I need to put new line on my reels. Not totally ready but I could roll out tonight and get on some fish.

This opener will be my 46th year that I have gone to the opener, every year since 1970..I will be up there for one week tent camping. All my camping and fishing gear is ready, just have to load it in my SUV. I will probably only keep two fish for dinner the entire week up there and I won't bring any home. My handguns are all cleaned and oiled and I will bring over 1,000 bullets as I do a lot of target shooting at my favorite shooting area out in the boondocks. As I do every year I will walk the Upper Owens on Friday and pick up all the trash I see as nothing makes me madder than to see cans, bottles, trash that some slob has left behind.. The opener will be the first of many trips for the 2016 season...

The great benefit of being retired,,,nothing keeps me from heading north on 395...

AMEN !!! ... Nice post

I'm right there with you Joshua, I feel like I start preparing at the beginning of every new year. Good luck this year, I hope your bit is amazing......
    Last edited by farhachris; 04-17-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Wow, I can not wait until I am in your shoes and can travel up the 395 anytime I like....I truly envy you. Thank you so much for helping keep the trash picked up, I will also do my part to keep Gods playground clean. Best of luck to you this season Mr. Retired96 ��

Thanks Billy B, I hope your bit is ON and your Trout are Large.....

Cant wait!
    Got my campsite reserved and my time off approved, new line on the reels and truck is already packed!
    BTW- If it wasn't for that stupid leap year crap in February opening day would be THIS weekend instead of next...

Cant wait! unfortunately i will not be there for the opener but i will be at the loop from May6th-8th
    Tight lines

I know right!!!!!! Leap year has messed everything up......we could have had a full moon, I love that midnight fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast