Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Closed?

Default Closed?

Thinking Irvine closed? Per their facebook page, this is what they wrote:

Dear Anglers,
    15 years ago, I drove through the gates of Irvine Lake and started working at the greatest Lake in Southern California. Very quickly, I realized that Irvine Lake was not a “normal” place to work. The entire staff was a Motley Crue , funny, and rich in personality. The customers were even more intriguing some good, some bad, and everything in-between. I remember thinking to myself “TOTO, we are not in Kansas anymore”.
    When I started writing this farewell post, I found myself lost in the memories and overwhelmed by emotions. My farewell post quickly turned into Daniela’s memoirs at Irvine Lake. So I stopped writing and thought to myself “what do I really want to say”? And what came to mind is THANK YOU.
    Thank you for the best 15 years anyone could ever have.
    Thank you for the friendships that will last a lifetime, thank you for the hysterical laughs, thank you for challenging me, thank you for your kindness and support, but most of all thank you for the incredible memories.
    This is Daniela AKA Vineline signing out.
    God Bless you and farewell
    Last edited by flyhigh123; 04-13-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    Thinking Irvine closed? Per their facebook page, this is what they wrote:.........[/I]

Not to sound mean but have you been under a rock lol, yes they closed back in February unfortunately, :-(

not under a rock-that's danila the general manger for 15 years saying good bye to the good times--good luck danella

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez25 View Post
    Not to sound mean but have you been under a rock lol, yes they closed back in February unfortunately, :-(
    I unfortauntely dont fish irvine much. But thought it was sad to hear a lake closing due to bad lawsuits. anyways... hopefully it gets revived.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    I unfortauntely dont fish irvine much. But thought it was sad to hear a lake closing due to bad lawsuits. anyways... hopefully it gets revived.
    Bad lawsuits. I don't think so!

Bad management and board of directors.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhish View Post
    Bad lawsuits. I don't think so!

Bad management and board of directors.
    Yup. The lawsuits didn't help, but other things killed the place.

just got to hope the developers never gets a hold of it,,,,,,,,,,,. the lake and all the land a mile around it would make a for a nice park

I'm sure I read somewhere that the land around the lake was donated as open space a dozen years ago or so and will never be built out. There was a plan for a while to develop the whole east side, on top of the red clay cliffs and around Penny Pines but that's all over now.