Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: LATE REPORT - Catalina 4/6

Default LATE REPORT - Catalina 4/6

Sorry for the late report. My buddy was going to post this but I guess he ran into some problems. We went to Catalina on 4/6, myself and 2 friends. There was originally supposed to be 5 of us but a couple guys flaked out. WE picked up some healthy sardines and headed to the west end of the island, water temp 59 and clean. We moved around a few times and ended up finding some yellowtail over by whale rock. We went 1 for 2 hookups and landed a nice 12 pounder. They sunk out after that so we proceeded to the rockfish spot and they were biting good. We landed limits of nice reds, salmon groupers and a couple lings. We went back looking for more surface fish, making several moves around the island for only a few small calicos. Around 4pm I called it, told the guys to reel in and started the engine. As Jaime is reeling in his bait gets slammed and he is bendo on a nice yellow! We get it on the deck and it's a nice 22 pounder. Not a bad way to end the day!

Nice Hair!
    Last edited by webmaster; 04-12-2016 at 09:03 AM. Reason: added pics

Sounds like a fun day! good job.

had a great time , thanks Jeff sorry i lagged it on the report , dude hows my hair ??

Nice fish!
    ....and the hair, watch the video....
    Thanks for sharing Jeff
    Robert
    <><

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSruhwZsc9c

fast forward to 1 minute in
    Last edited by murrieta angler; 04-12-2016 at 08:25 PM.

LOL , watch the hairClick image for larger version. 

Name:	yellow.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	48162
    Last edited by luckyjr21; 04-13-2016 at 07:56 AM.

WTG Jeff... always love reading your reports. Miss those charters you used to be charter-master back in the day. Good times ><>
    mahaloz for sharing

again. the hair?!