Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Malibu Pee-Pee, and O.C. Debris

Default Malibu Pee-Pee, and O.C. Debris

Went to Malibu last week for the skunk.
    Thought I would put in a little input for the sake of ,if anyone was wondering or did not know why the
    waters in places was white, and other areas were a little more natural looking.
    Talked to a const. worker who has been doing off and on again work in that area for 25yr. or more.He told me
    that the "Tapia Filtration Plant " up in Topanga Cyn. is allowed to release raw sewage into the streams when it is
    after a rain, because the holding area gets full when there is a certain amount of rain. The white water is a result of
    Pee-Pee, and the white water with brown foam is a result of number one and number two !!!
    What brought this to my rememberence was that there was actually a news story about it last week, and confirmed it.

O.C. Debris, Being that I thought that Malibu might still be messed up, went to an O.C. area and caught two Spotties !!!
    Wish I would have got there earlier, but I ain,t complaining. there was a medium amount of Debris in the waters, but not
    to bad.

Hey Daniel,

I was expecting to see some pic's of turd-rollers after reading the descriptions in your report, SBB .... a pair of nice fish!!

Well at least you are out there puttin' in the time with nice results to show for it! WTG!!
    I'm out there also every weekend ... reconing all sorts of different areas with promising possibilities.

I've recently noticed that the sands have already begun shifting back-in again .... filling-in around the bases of the recently exposed SICK rock structures!
    Looks like the Hali season just may begin yet!!! Come on Bait!!!

Thanx for the fish report,

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-11-2016 at 09:19 PM.

TMI Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hey Daniel, I was expecting to see some pic's of turd-rollers after reading the descriptions in your report
    I was thinking the same thing Dan

Even when there isn't a rainstorm, the waters in the Malibu area has a higher #1 and #2 waste concentration...most of those hillside homes are on a septic system which leaches into the ground but eventually that effluent ends up making its way into the ocean and any creek or runoff spot. You know, the affluent produce a lot of effluence. Oh well...at least it isnt radioactive like Fukushima, but I bet that effluent has a higher concentration of legal and illegal pharmeceuticals mixed in than most seepage pit effluent.