Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ramp Update (Kinda) & LMB Report 4/9/16

Default Ramp Update (Kinda) & LMB Report 4/9/16

Tried to con some info out of the lake employees on my way out and back into the marina regarding the water coming into the lake. Got some reluctant and mixed responses. First person I asked if they plan to fill the lake to full pool or anywhere close to, and the response I got was "Water is coming in and is going to continue to come in, that's all I can really say for now." However the next person I asked on my way in said "They put back in the water they took out about a month ago, I'm not sure if they are going to continue to fill it up right now." So essentially this is a help to no one, but just thought I'd share the info I received, or lack thereof.

Reserved a boat for today with a buddy about a week ago and was checking the weather forecast all week and of course a front rolled in Wedsnesday evening. Was hoping we would be spared this morning from heavy wind and we lucked out, surprisingly it was beautiful out and the bass wanted to play. Game plan was to start on the west end and work our way east as we could see the rain clouds slowly rolling in from the SW. Mainly concentrated on the north side all morning.

Water level was up seemingly even higher than my first trip back in late February. Clarity was very poor, unsure of the water temp as we didn't have a gauge. Hammered em pretty good at the west dam with weightless plastics for a good part of the morning, fishing mainly in the 10-15ft depth range. Didn't see very many at all up shallow, every bass was caught sight unseen. They were holding very tight in the rocks if you didn't tick the rocks you didn't get bit. Along the way managed to break off a tank that I couldn't turn and ran me in the rocks. Ton of micro fry hiding out in the rocks along the bank.

Worked east hitting channels and main lake points 15-30ft for a little slower pick with the usual suspects c-rig brush hogs, t-rig robos, neko senkos, small swimbaits, and fb jigs. Majority of the bass were post spawn bass but did catch some full of eggs as well. Wind increased as the day went on and really started gusting around 2 and was making it tough to get proper boat positioning so we called it a day. All in all was a good day considering it could have been a lot worse given the conditions.

Btw, can we bring back some normalcy to this forum?

Hell yeah dude way to get them! Thanks for the awesome report!

Yeah those all look like quality fish there,very nice!

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice feesh G. Thanks for the report.

OG MUDBONE,

Thank you for the great report and the pictures were fantastic!

btw: "Btw, can we bring back some normalcy to this forum?" I agree 100%!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	48110 Pyramid lake

Mudbone..Im not sure what is more impressive, the photos or the report.....bravo my man!!!!!! What type of rental do you prefer? The boats with the depth finder and trolling motor or do you go just with the red fishing boats?

Now back to the report. This morning saw what looked like a parade of cars..trucks.....motorcycles...bicycles...unicycle s....wheel chairs...and one guy walking on stilts all going down Domenigoni Expressway heading towards DVL. All moving really fast. I watched the group enter the lake and they all sprinted for rental boats with 6-8 guys per boat. A few even tried swimming for the west dam. I asked them where they were going. They replied almost simultaneously as they sped off, "West dam, 10-15 feet in the rocks, c-rig, brush hogs, t-rig, robos, neko, senkos, small swimbaits, and fb jigs".....................ughhh

Well hopefully the article I read in the paper is correct. They said they were going to fill it. It could take a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Mudbone..Im not sure what is more impressive, the photos or the report.....bravo my man!!!!!! What type of rental do you prefer? The boats with the depth finder and trolling motor or do you go just with the red fishing boats?

Now back to the report. This morning saw what looked like a parade of cars..trucks.....motorcycles...bicycles...unicycle s....wheel chairs...and one guy walking on stilts all going down Domenigoni Expressway heading towards DVL. All moving really fast. I watched the group enter the lake and they all sprinted for rental boats with 6-8 guys per boat. A few even tried swimming for the west dam. I asked them where they were going. They replied almost simultaneously as they sped off, "West dam, 10-15 feet in the rocks, c-rig, brush hogs, t-rig, robos, neko, senkos, small swimbaits, and fb jigs".....................ughhh
    F.Y.I....I was the guy swimming...Got clipped several times by either the ignorant or mean people out to get me but I finally made it to my secret spot near the west dam! Stuck 52 nice healthy BASS biggest being a 18.4 lber! The real problem was swimming back to the marina with a 36.5 lb stringer of LMB that were soon to become some tasty fish stix.

Quote Originally Posted by titos334 View Post
    Hell yeah dude way to get them! Thanks for the awesome report!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Yeah those all look like quality fish there,very nice!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Nice feesh G. Thanks for the report.
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    OG MUDBONE,

Thank you for the great report and the pictures were fantastic!

btw: "Btw, can we bring back some normalcy to this forum?" I agree 100%!
    Thanks fellas! It's no secret the fishing is very solid right now with bass in multiple phases of the spawn, can't wait to get back out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast