Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	48095Kids on spring break, 2 weeks after Easter? When did that happen? So to do a lil family time we rented a cabin at Lake Henshaw to do a lil fishing, and I just needed to get out of Orange County. Worked Tuesday until 7, packed the truck and out the door. At the cabin by 9:30 pm too late to fish. Got set up for a day of family fishing for the next day. Wends, fished the big rocks by the dam. My 9 year old is a trooper, a hike like that isn't for everyone. The winds kicked up but we were getting blanked anyway so we made our way back to the main dock to see other guys doing just as well. Cought a couple of micro channel cats and a dink bass, released and called it an early day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	48094
Cooked dinner, campfire, smores, no tv, no cell phone service, just board games and family. Captain Jack was there too. A night of which my tech addicted family hasn't seen for a while. Spent the night cutting giant prickly burrs off my border collie pup. Only bit me two or three times.
Thursday. Woke to rain. Dammit. They said it was gonna happen. We fish so the wife and kid wanted to fish the dock as I pounded the left with a jig and bobber, almost to the dam in the rain. I was determined to find the spot that was holding fish and bring them there. After 2 hours I did the walk of shame to the dock. My wife n kid cought a couple of the micro cats n dink bass and they're stoked. I'm ready to go see the captain, it's pissing rain. My target fish is giving me the finger. There stoked, so I continue to the right of the dock pounding my jig n bobber and I see maybe 20 pairs of orange lips kissing the surface, and a couple of submarines cruising below the surface. Not our target but we're getting skunked.
My wife and kid cought 4 carp each I got a couple, great time on 6 lb line. Wasn't what I was targeting but they saved the day as we were leaving the next day in the morning. It reinstilled my kids love for fishing. My wife, well it's part of the reason I married her. She fishes like all of us. I'm blessed.
More smores,this time in the rain, my bad jokes n stories, lil captain, I don't know who had more fun my kid, wife, or my pup. I think it was me. Fishing and weather sucked, still.....