Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Long Time No Tube! 4-3-16

Default S.W.A.T. Long Time No Tube! 4-3-16

Yo FNNers long time no see! Hit up LAB this past Sunday with SP Dan. We were on the water by 6am and got to work right away in the eel grass. Dan (still waiting to catch a legal Spottie) was first to hook up a few casts into the session. I could tell by the bend in his rod this was the fish he was looking for. Unfortunately, the fish won the battle and got him wrapped up in structure. My heart sank for him.

It was a long session, but we were able to find a nice mix of fish along with a few toads. Also tried the Jika rig for the first time and loved it. A little weird at first, but I got used to it real quick after I landed a nice sized Spottie.

16inch Sandie

My first Jika fish! 15inch Spottie

Same fish..

Another 15inch Spottie. Same length as the previous one, but this guy was an absolute beast. This guy had much more bulk on him.

Bigger head too. Same fish.

This is why I always wear waders!

Dan flipping a Sandie into the tube. Sorry for the lack of Dan pics. After losing that brute early in the morning. He did not want any pics until he got some redemption.

Total Count

SP Dan - 4 Bass

Jaysuuun - 9 Bass, 1 Sculpin

Dan stay persistent my friend and be ready for that next big bite! It will happen!

Lost another nice fish that got me hung up into the rocks just before we ended our session at noon. Til next time.

Tight Lines
    Jason

Very nice job guys. Large Sand Bass and Sculpin are two fish I've yet to encounter at the LAB. Gotta get out there again!

Hi Jason:

Very nice bay basses. Look like you've got the touch : ) Excellent report and bee-U-T-full pictures too!!!!

I hope you and your family are doing well.

All the best brother,

Nick

Ps: good to see big brother Dan getting sum action
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 04-06-2016 at 06:44 PM.

nice fish!

Very nice guys!!!
    Good to see Brothers getting out and getting on some fish.

How are the girls doing?!?
    You take care & God Bless,

Robert
    <><

Nice haul. I've been wanting to try the jika for spotties. What type of plastic did u use?

Hey Jason!

I had a blast out there fishing the docks ... and sharing the bay with you Sir.
    You said that you were going devote the entire session to casting critters, well you did ... and it really paid off for you.
    Congrat's on the legals!
    I really appreciate that you gave me a Jika rig and a critter to toss ... hopefully ... I'll get luckier with it the next time! I'm sure that I will.

Until our next session,

Tight lines

SP Dan <"))><

PS .... copy / paste
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-07-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Very nice job guys. Large Sand Bass and Sculpin are two fish I've yet to encounter at the LAB. Gotta get out there again!
    You'll find some big Sandies in there if you are persistent enough to find them. My second biggest Sandie was caught at the LAB

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Jason:

Very nice bay basses. Look like you've got the touch : ) Excellent report and bee-U-T-full pictures too!!!!

I hope you and your family are doing well.

All the best brother,

Nick

Ps: good to see big brother Dan getting sum action
    Thanks Nick! Dan has been my little grasshoppa and has been doing very well for himself!
    Hope to see you and the family in June.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Very nice guys!!!
    Good to see Brothers getting out and getting on some fish.

How are the girls doing?!?
    You take care & God Bless,

Robert
    <><
    Wuttup Robert! How's surf fishing been in your area?
    I keep hearing the surf fishing hasn't been too good everywhere else. That's why I've been doing the float tube thing with brotha Dan.

The girls are doing well! They've been giving Daddy a lot of work. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast