Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Into the mind of etucker1959 (Mercantilism)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Into the mind of etucker1959 (Mercantilism)

Deve got me to start these threads but I encourage anyone who wants to express their opinion on these very important issues to feel Free to do it. (without judgment) I don't think there is anyone out there who doesn't know about the American job loss in Manufacturing to foreign country's. Whole Industry's are gone, it was first the Japanese in electronics and cars and smaller country's doing labor intense manufacturing. Then China came out of nowhere and said we can build almost everything!!!!! In just a few more years China will have the largest economy in the world. How in the heck did that happen so quickly!!!! Even Mexico is taking more and more jobs away from the USA. Ask any Conservative (except Donald Trump) about that and they will say, "that's just the way it is!!!!" No solutions at all!!!!! It's not just outsourcing and importing that is causing huge job losses. Increased productivity (robots, driverless cars etc) are causing a tremendous loss of jobs also. Add to all this our population keeps getting bigger!!!!! Does it take a Rocket Scientist to see we are headed for a day of Reckoning.

Here's the kicker to all this, "the Conservatives don't want to do anything drastic to change the direction everything is going. Yet they are the first ones to complain about the unemployed and under employed people. Another news flash to Conservatives, there will always be a certain amount of people that manual labor is all they can do!!! So losing the manufacturing jobs is their bread & butter to a certain type of people. Donald Trump is the first Politician to be brave enough to say enough is enough we need to do something about this. The Donald is actually appealing to the fed up displaced workers. He is not doing an Obama thing with just giving them FREE MONEY!!! He wants to give them their jobs back. The easiest way to do that is Mercantilism!!!! Where the government is actually manipulating parts of the economy. (throwing out lazsie faire) The reason why these jobs left the USA in the first place was because it was cheaper to manufacture them else where. In a Mercantilist economy the government raises the tariffs from 3% to 35% or more. Now it's no longer cheaper (when you add in the tariff) to manufacture the goods overseas. People still need these goods, now with a little governmental tax incentive to reopen plants in the USA again we are back in the manufacturing game. Another aspect of Mercantilism is a favorable or at least a break even balance of trade. If Japan wants to sell us 250 Billion dollars of their products, they better be prepared to buy that many from us. If they don't they will have an import quota on how much we will buy from them. (the difference being made up by new American plants making the same goods) Thus hiring millions of Americans again. The Economic term for this is called beggar they neighbor. (I'll just call it F China) I'm an American and I want what is best for America!!!! These plants need to start making goods again here in America and doing was best for Americans!!! It will cause a little inflation, but that's a small price to pay for full employment. (that's for you DocRat) Another side benefit to a little inflation it will help water down the national debt.

That should be enough to get things rolling.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-06-2016 at 09:58 AM.