Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seeing any hope

No doubt about the security thing being a bit lax. The place must have a ton of huge cats still in it.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 05-09-2016 at 05:56 PM.

No where to park w/o sticking out like a sore thumb. Literally your car will be seen by anyone driving buy.
    A mountain bike would be the way......

This weekend would have been the night fishing opener at the VINE. What a shame! Soccer is being played all around the USA and guy can't go night fishing around So Cal!

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    This weekend would have been the night fishing opener at the VINE. What a shame! Soccer is being played all around the USA and guy can't go night fishing around So Cal!
    yep why I make the 242 mile drive out to the ol river, free fish n any time ya want go, get n ready here in a few to head out on the marsh only thing its 118 right now and the skeeters will be out in full force as soon as the sun goes down,,, nothing better sit n listing to the coyotes howl n, the rattlers sounding off bullfrog croaking the beaver slap n his tail, and the old burros hey ha,hey ha out yander
    Last edited by riverbud55; 06-04-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Man I wish I woulda made river trips when I lived out there, I was really missing out on those big old flatheads

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Not to say it's happening, but it's happening!

(Nothing major like Mathews, or others....btw.)

Apparently security is a bit lax.
    Talked to a kid that he and his friends hiked in and fished all night. Said they easily caught and released 75-100 bass, BUT also said they were being followed by mountain lions the entire night with some getting as close as 60 feet away. Said they'd never do it again because of that.
    I think that's all the security needed to keep that place safe at night. Being eaten alive is not high on my bucket list....actually now that I think about it, I happened to leave that off for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Talked to a kid that he and his friends hiked in and fished all night. Said they easily caught and released 75-100 bass, BUT also said they were being followed by mountain lions the entire night with some getting as close as 60 feet away. Said they'd never do it again because of that.
    I think that's all the security needed to keep that place safe at night. Being eaten alive is not high on my bucket list....actually now that I think about it, I happened to leave that off for some reason.
    Then again, if I caught and released 100 bass, I'd be telling people that there are Nile Crocodiles in the water.

(Which there are, please stay away from this area, at ALL costs)

They should've upp'ed the ante.

100 bass versus a cougar? When's the last time you heard of an adult getting taken down by a cougar? (No, not the Mission Viejo type of cougars)

Apparently I hear that now land mines are being put in place around the lake. No more ninja fishing, ladies and gents.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 06-16-2016 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Land mines.

Now did these cougars follow them from the Foxfire or are we talking about the actual animal?

I can attest to the Nile crocodiles!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12