Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 4/4 16 Mixed bag

Default 4/4 16 Mixed bag

Well Etucker asked for a report... I'm your huckleberry. No offense meant towards anyone in the berry family. Water level is up. Not full-pool but up to a respectable level. Temp was 66* mid lake and up to 69 in some of the shallow protected areas. With all the bait n wait striper fishermen taking limits the last couple weeks along with heavy boat traffic ( a ranger told me 57 boats on Sunday) the striper bite has really slowed down. Part of this has to be due to the high pressure moving in too. I spent some quality time on LMB instead. Didn't catch a ton but I was committed to frog throwing. It is still early for that bite to be dependable but it did pay off with a nice fat 5 pounder. I did see plenty of males cruising around. One funny thing was I was trying out a new fly pattern I worked up for Mr. Stripey, and it produced one of the famous Skinner giant Bluegills. Man, those little mouths can sure eat a pretty big lure.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Well Etucker asked for a report... I'm your huckleberry. No offense meant towards anyone in the berry family. Water level is up. Not full-pool but up to a respectable level. Temp was 66* mid lake and up to 69 in some of the shallow protected areas. With all the bait n wait striper fishermen taking limits the last couple weeks along with heavy boat traffic ( a ranger told me 57 boats on Sunday) the striper bite has really slowed down. Part of this has to be due to the high pressure moving in too. I spent some quality time on LMB instead. Didn't catch a ton but I was committed to frog throwing. It is still early for that bite to be dependable but it did pay off with a nice fat 5 pounder. I did see plenty of males cruising around. One funny thing was I was trying out a new fly pattern I worked up for Mr. Stripey, and it produced one of the famous Skinner giant Bluegills. Man, those little mouths can sure eat a pretty big lure.
    Good for you and thanks for the report!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    The Bluegill at Skinner are amazing. A few years back i caught one on a Fat Ika. I still dont know how it got it into his mouth.

Same experience here! Got a giant hand size bluegill on a lizard. I'm about to hit this spawn change next Sunday off my tracker. Hope it's a productive Largemouth day.
    Last edited by LunkerLover; 04-09-2016 at 11:06 PM.