Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blythe was on !

i've always had more luck in the deep holes and eddy's around current breaks. not as much lead needed there.

Quote Originally Posted by gcopple View Post
    i've always had more luck in the deep holes and eddy's around current breaks. not as much lead needed there.
    ^^^^^^^^ Nails it. Those big kitty's are lazy and opportunists. They don't like the strong current so much and ambush prey that gets in their zone.

Yep fishing where their is little current is the best bet,, got a place I fish where the current actually runs backward or what would be called a reverse eddie,, 95% of the feeding fish will be within 25 foot of shore,,,, when fishing out of a boat going to want to fish out the back of the boat fishing for the most part straight behind the boat,, not going to be able to hold a line to the side of the boat in the current along with the problem of the river weeds catching your line, this time of the year not a ton of weeds before long their will tons of the crap coming down river after all the prop boats start cutting it up sending it down river
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0065.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	48059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0922.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	48060   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0213-copy_edited (376 x 472).jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	48061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2059.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	48062   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2456.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	48063  

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Yeah,. It seems like I have more adventures while fishing than most, either that or else I'm the only fool to admit it!

, I think that I will end up using my swim bait rod for the next trip!
    Oh no we all have our days ,,, drove my North River jet boat up on a sand bar one morn n at sun up using the gps track from the previous year,, can tell ya them sand bars move around from month to month,, good thing about a jet no harm no foul,, she runs in inches of water but it still need some

a good flat rod set up is a mh ugly stik tiger rod top it off with Penn jigmaster 500 and you have a top notch flat set up for right at $100
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2158-copy_edited (600 x 400).jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	48066  
    Last edited by riverbud55; 04-06-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Well I have a lot of ocean rods and reels, I am thinking of using a shimano TLD 5, with a 12 - 30 pound stick, no level wind, but it is a nice small compact reel with plenty of drag. Awesome reels from the late 80's early 90's, I got a grip of Spectra on it and I will run a 30 pound top shot. I guess that I am in need of looking with the fish finder for the deep pools on the river or perhaps look at the back water and canals for some of those hidden pools. I know from years of experience that the cats like to stay in the deeper pools, but I was listening to some of the locals that advised fishing on the edge of the fast moving river current. I had spent hours in the back water with out even a nibble. Next weekend I am planning on returning to Blythe and giving it another try. Bass Pro Shops told me yesterday that for the month of May, every Tuesday if you use your BPS credit card you will get an additional 15% off of every thing you purchase, combine that with my VIP card and I think that I can save a few dollars. I bought 4 new seats for my boat yesterday, and now I'm thinking of rebuying them, taking back the ones that I bought yesterday and then buying them at 15% off. I also am wanting to get a new fish finder for my 17' boat I currently have a Lowrance 5x, it is not working so well, so now I am thinking of getting a Hook 5 with the Chirp, down scan, and in color. There are so many other brands out there, so I need to look around for the best bang for my buck, The new one will be specifically for the bow, attached to the trolling motor. Any suggestions out there? I do not think that the 7ti is appropriate for me, as I don't want the touch screen and I also don't want to spend a lot of money on it, after all this is specifically my river boat. For the lakes I have my pro195txw, and I have the elite 5 for the bow on that boat. I was looking in the magazine at a Garmin 5" that was less expensive, and both the Lowrance and the Garmin advertised CHIRP and color screens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12