Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Halibut Carcasses Wanted!!!

Default California Halibut Carcasses Wanted!!!

Greetings!

My name is Cheryl Barnes and I am a graduate student at Moss Landing Marine Laboratories. As part of my master's thesis, I will be conducting a study, which evaluates the reproductive capabilities of California Halibut (Paralichthys californicus). More specifically, I will estimate and compare growth rates, length and age at maturity and egg production of halibut from three central California locations (Half Moon Bay, Monterey Bay and Morro Bay) to better understand this economically important species and provide information for resource management.

If you are interested in donating a carefully-filleted California Halibut carcass (all internal organs intact; you keep the fillets) and/or providing additional information to help advance this study, please contact:

Cheryl L. Barnes, Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
    8272 Moss Landing Road | Moss Landing, CA 95039
    e: cbarnes@mlml.calstate.edu | p: (831) 515-8232 | f: (831) 632-4403

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from some of you soon.
    Last edited by CalHal2014; 06-14-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Sounds cool but you should post this in the socal saltwater section I don't see very many post in this norcal section. Good luck

Thank you, simijab...but my study is centered around Half Moon Bay, Monterey Bay and Morro Bay. Would people in the SoCal section be fishing those areas?

Its possible, nobody really post on this board so just thought you would get more people to see it if it was posted on the general saltwater boards for socal

Great! Thank you!

Exclamation Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by chowderpuff View Post
    Thank you for the link...

Quote Originally Posted by chowderpuff View Post
    O wow....busted.

Damn just did some research on her and she's hit up every message board in California. Guess I should have done some research on her before being nice to her. Lesson learned

10. Default

Necro post, but she finished her research, found this online:

https://seagrant.mlml.calstate.edu/w...ers-Thesis.pdf

Thesis on the halibut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast