Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Self driving cars ?

[QUOTE=Lady Quagga;777797]Ah, so you support technology driven eugenics. Finally something we can agree on.

First: That is a lie.

Your correct on page 53 there is hand signals. However on my actual test and on the DMV test practice site there was no question on hand signals. http://www.dmv-written-test.com/cali...ce-test-1.html

Second: Four on the floor for me.....Varooooom! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4650.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	48011

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Spoken like a true Bernie supporter. In business as in life to survive one must learn from mistakes, adapt, change, create, improvise and grow. Over time we have had the industrial age, the computer age, the digital age and soon robotics and artificial intelligence age. In each case we have had a higher standard of living and when things become cheaper to purchase luxuries soon become necessities and common place. It is a fool that fails to recognize that change is coming and doesn’t adjust to take advantage of it.

Oh the horror of being a ditch digger when the backhoe was invented. But the backhoe operator was much more productive and commanded a higher wage. And that backhoe manufacturer had to hire someone to build it, market it, sell it, deliver it and service it. All at higher wages than the lowly ditch digger. Perhaps you are old enough to remember when a store clerk or fast food operator had to actually ring up an item on a cash register and count out your change. No bar code reader or register that told you how much change to give the customer from the amount tendered.

I recently had to take a written drivers test, something I haven’t had to do in over 40+ years. In the drivers manual there was no question or even mention of “Hand signals”. Imagine a car today without turn signals, power brakes, steering, windows and air conditioning. Innovation and change made luxuries into necessities and it is happening exponentially in everything our world. You want a theft proof car buy one with a manual transmission if you can find one.
    Probably surprise you, but I'm not a Bernie supporter. I'm a people supporter and smart enough to realize that the country cannot survive with two classes. Rich and poor. It will collapse into anarchy at some point.
    I believe people should be able to keep what they earn, but not at the expense of manipulation and abuse of the laws and rules that the rich have rigged the system with. It's becoming disgusting. The leaks today regarding the hiding of offshore money should have very interesting consequences as well as soon as the people here in America start having their names listed.
    Look up the documentary "The Heist". It's pretty interesting and also shows that it's not a blue and red issue. It's a government issue and we're all screwed if things don't change and as near as I can tell a vote for red is a vote for more of the same and a vote for blue is more of the same, so what do we really do? That's the question. The only reason I can't vote red any longer is that candidates like Ted Cruz remind me of the American Taliban. I really don't like the situation as it stands now and also feel that the election has already been decided behind closed doors and Hillary will be our next POTUS whether she gets the "popular" vote or not. This is the country we are living in now and it is broken and in desperate need of fixing if anyone has a clue how to do it. I know the current idiots past and present aren't the ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Probably surprise you, but I'm not a Bernie supporter. I'm a people supporter and smart enough to realize that the country cannot survive with two classes. Rich and poor. It will collapse into anarchy at some point.
    I believe people should be able to keep what they earn, but not at the expense of manipulation and abuse of the laws and rules that the rich have rigged the system with. It's becoming disgusting. The leaks today regarding the hiding of offshore money should have very interesting consequences as well as soon as the people here in America start having their names listed.
    Look up the documentary "The Heist". It's pretty interesting and also shows that it's not a blue and red issue. It's a government issue and we're all screwed if things don't change and as near as I can tell a vote for red is a vote for more of the same and a vote for blue is more of the same, so what do we really do? That's the question. The only reason I can't vote red any longer is that candidates like Ted Cruz remind me of the American Taliban. I really don't like the situation as it stands now and also feel that the election has already been decided behind closed doors and Hillary will be our next POTUS whether she gets the "popular" vote or not. This is the country we are living in now and it is broken and in desperate need of fixing if anyone has a clue how to do it. I know the current idiots past and present aren't the ones.
    If you really think it's broken, the way to start over is with a new Constitution!!!!! Keep the good like the Bill of Rights and get rid of the Bad like Federalism!!! This time a Parliamentary system would probably work out better!!!!! At the same time see if Canada would like to join the North American Union. The USA and Canada merging with each other. (sorry Mexico!!!)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-04-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    If you really think it's broken, the way to start over is with a new Constitution!!!!! Keep the good like the Bill of Rights and get rid of the Bad like Federalism!!! This time a Parliamentary system would probably work out better!!!!! At the same time see if Canada would like to join the North American Union. The USA and Canada merging with each other. (sorry Mexico!!!)
    Not too sure you've thought that one all the way through tucker.

That's a understatement if I ever heard one.......

I'm going to start a thread, "I'm going to call it the mind of etucker1959." I'm going to take on issues one at a time like the Constitution. I'll put in parenthesis what the topic is all about. I encourage you to participate, I think you have one of the more logical minds on here. You probably don't have as big a Brain as John Harper but who does!!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'm going to start a thread, "I'm going to call it the mind of etucker1959."
    Well that's going to be a short read.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Well that's going to be a short read.
    LMAO...Devore. That's funny.

Tucker, even you have to laugh at that one.

LMAO...Devore. That's funny
    Tucker, even you have to laugh at that one.
    Nooooooooooooo!!!!!! I will tell you why that's not funny. Apparently by not elaborating or giving hour long lectures on here, people think I'm just using Buzz words or talking points and not really understanding the subject matter. So I just usually make a statement and see if someone wants to engage in a discussion about the subject matter. The problem is most of the time the crickets come out. If I make a long factual post without first being prompted to do so, "I'll be accused of being a Buzz killer." (as in Buzz Killington) I remember the post I spent the longest time composing. I had to take 3 breaks while I was writing it up. Was it a tough subject??? Heck yea!!!! It was my ideas on how to balance the Federal budget in 10-15 years. What was my reward for my efforts???? A good long discussion!!!! Noooooooooo!!!! Total crickets from the audience!!!! Not one comment!!! So after that I decided to just throw the smallest bit of chum to see if any fish are biting, before I go into any great details on any subject!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-07-2016 at 08:11 PM.

If your self-driving car must choose between a collision in traffic or swerving just you over a cliff, how should it decide? Greater good?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast