Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Self driving cars ?

Default Self driving cars ?

What do you think about that idea. It would scare the hell out of me to ride in one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    What do you think about that idea. It would scare the hell out of me to ride in one of those.
    It's not an idea, but a reality in about 15 years!!!! I started a thread this week about taking away peoples right to vote based upon a book review. The same author also talked about the impact of the driverless car. The economic impact on loss of jobs would be horrific!!!! Think of all the drivers that would be out of work. Truck drivers, delivery drivers, taxi drivers etc. There soon would be a real need to reduce population!!!!!

As fast as the technology is advancing it will be sooner than 15 years. It will likely be not in use for rural one lane roads. However it will be a great thing for those that are now unable to drive due a handicap, disability or the very elderly. Accidents would likely be reduced due to tired and sleepy drivers on long road trips. And I will not have to have a designated driver anymore.

As to your proposition that we need to reduce the population I suggest that you set an example and that you "Off Yourself".

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    As fast as the technology is advancing it will be sooner than 15 years. It will likely be not in use for rural one lane roads. However it will be a great thing for those that are now unable to drive due a handicap, disability or the very elderly. Accidents would likely be reduced due to tired and sleepy drivers on long road trips. And I will not have to have a designated driver anymore.

As to your proposition that we need to reduce the population I suggest that you set an example and that you "Off Yourself".
    Losing a great mind like myself would be counter productive!!!!! It will take great minds like myself to solve these very difficult challenges our country will be facing. The first thing our country needs to do is get rid of Federalism!!!! These Red States time and time again are proving left to their own devises they will screw things all up beyond recognition.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-31-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    I'm still waiting for my "jet pack"!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's not an idea, but a reality in about 15 years!!!! I started a thread this week about taking away peoples right to vote based upon a book review. The same author also talked about the impact of the driverless car. The economic impact on loss of jobs would be horrific!!!! Think of all the drivers that would be out of work. Truck drivers, delivery drivers, taxi drivers etc.
    Driverless trucks have been running at this container terminal for a couple years. I think they have sensors under the road.
    Last edited by DockRat; 04-01-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Driverless trucks have been running at this container terminal for a couple years. I think they have sensors under the road.
    It's kind of kool and spooky at the same time. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

Cool video DR, but it all comes down to less people/jobs equals more profit.
    Capitalism is great, but absolutely has to be controlled. By whom is the trillion dollar question.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Cool video DR, but it all comes down to less people/jobs equals more profit.
    Capitalism is great, but absolutely has to be controlled. By whom is the trillion dollar question.
    Spoken like a true Bernie supporter. In business as in life to survive one must learn from mistakes, adapt, change, create, improvise and grow. Over time we have had the industrial age, the computer age, the digital age and soon robotics and artificial intelligence age. In each case we have had a higher standard of living and when things become cheaper to purchase luxuries soon become necessities and common place. It is a fool that fails to recognize that change is coming and doesn’t adjust to take advantage of it.

Oh the horror of being a ditch digger when the backhoe was invented. But the backhoe operator was much more productive and commanded a higher wage. And that backhoe manufacturer had to hire someone to build it, market it, sell it, deliver it and service it. All at higher wages than the lowly ditch digger. Perhaps you are old enough to remember when a store clerk or fast food operator had to actually ring up an item on a cash register and count out your change. No bar code reader or register that told you how much change to give the customer from the amount tendered.

I recently had to take a written drivers test, something I haven’t had to do in over 40+ years. In the drivers manual there was no question or even mention of “Hand signals”. Imagine a car today without turn signals, power brakes, steering, windows and air conditioning. Innovation and change made luxuries into necessities and it is happening exponentially in everything our world. You want a theft proof car buy one with a manual transmission if you can find one.

Spoken like a true Bernie supporter. In business as in life to survive one must learn from mistakes, adapt, change, create, improvise and grow. Over time we have had the industrial age, the computer age, the digital age and soon robotics and artificial intelligence age. In each case we have had a higher standard of living and when things become cheaper to purchase luxuries soon become necessities and common place. It is a fool that fails to recognize that change is coming and doesn’t adjust to take advantage of it.

Oh the horror of being a ditch digger when the backhoe was invented. But the backhoe operator was much more productive and commanded a higher wage. And that backhoe manufacturer had to hire someone to build it, market it, sell it, deliver it and service it. All at higher wages than the lowly ditch digger. Perhaps you are old enough to remember when a store clerk or fast food operator had to actually ring up an item on a cash register and count out your change. No bar code reader or register that told you how much change to give the customer from the amount tendered.
    Ah, so you support technology driven eugenics. Finally something we can agree on.

I recently had to take a written drivers test, something I haven’t had to do in over 40+ years. In the drivers manual there was no question or even mention of “Hand signals”. Imagine a car today without turn signals, power brakes, steering, windows and air conditioning. Innovation and change made luxuries into necessities and it is happening exponentially in everything our world. You want a theft proof car buy one with a manual transmission if you can find one.
    First: That is a lie.

Second: I learned (the hard way) how to drive a three speed on-the-column Chevy. You could hear my gramps cussing from miles away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast