Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pyramid report/tips?

Default Pyramid report/tips?

Hey guys, I am planning on going to pyramid this weekend to shore fish. Hows the bite from shore? And do you have any tips for me? Appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by sovietsky19 View Post
    Hey guys, I am planning on going to pyramid this weekend to shore fish. Hows the bite from shore? And do you have any tips for me? Appreciate your help!
    I was thinking about going Friday but the weather seems unstable; for pyramid get a good assortment of bait, crawlers, sardines, and maybe some blood worms, scents work great also. Cast out as far as you can at first then adjust accordingly, if you lure fish imitate the forage, shad. Rooster tails, roadrunners and most shad type lures work great. It's cold right now so use smaller baits, all species bite from shore, the last time I went I scored bluegill; trout, catfish, and striper on the same trip from shore using crawlers dipped in procure and rooster tails, I used a 6 pound leader, sliding sinker/bead/swivel for all fish caught except for the ones caught on white and yellow rooster tails. Have a good time !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    I was thinking about going Friday but the weather seems unstable; for pyramid get a good assortment of bait, crawlers, sardines, and maybe some blood worms, scents work great also. Cast out as far as you can at first then adjust accordingly, if you lure fish imitate the forage, shad. Rooster tails, roadrunners and most shad type lures work great. It's cold right now so use smaller baits, all species bite from shore, the last time I went I scored bluegill; trout, catfish, and striper on the same trip from shore using crawlers dipped in procure and rooster tails, I used a 6 pound leader, sliding sinker/bead/swivel for all fish caught except for the ones caught on white and yellow rooster tails. Have a good time !!!!!
    Thanks for the tips man! I will head out there this weekend.