Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Ol' SWAT Guy Does his 1st Solo Float Tube Session In NPH

Default Ol' SWAT Guy Does his 1st Solo Float Tube Session In NPH

Returned to NPH and conducted my first solo session on the tube.

A few different conditions had occurred that were different than from the first time.
    This time the sun came out early and I found myself searching for decent shaded areas where the fish might hold up.
    Also, the wind was a bit stronger than the last time and I was learning to stay on position.
    I've also been learning to "Shoot-the-dock" cast and was hit once on the entry! SWEET!!

I'ts sort of like shooting and aiming a bow and arrow. It's just going to take some practice and patience!
    I'm aiming at hitting the Bulls Eye every time!
    Wishful thinking ... eh!?!?

Heck ... I even switched up between my white and chartreuse powder coated 1/4oz lead heads, in an attempt to future entice a strike.

Tackle:
    a) 1/4oz lead-head w/ 3" Big Hammers w/ scent: Sexy smelt, Spotty Special and white.
    b) D/S Gulp 3" & 4" Watermelon Minnows & Zoom fluke White Ice.

Fish Count:
    a) (2) Sand Bass
    b) (2) Spotted Sand Bass (best 13" and my PB so far) close ...
    but no cigar!!!

This one measured 13" and coughed up the crab, but no legals today!
    Enlarge this image
    [/UR

Added Pic of local bait- crab coughed up by SSB

I hope that you enjoyed this quick post!

Thank you for checking out my session report.

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 03-28-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Thumbs up

You can do it all Brother Dan... Enjoy your new float tube my friend, much easier to lag around than the kayak.

I haven't tubed in awhile but always injoyed it,mostly fresh water,but I can sure see the good times in s/w as you show,thanks for the report and pics.

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanx everyone for all the positive responses to my post.

Last weekend I launched close to 55th place and Ocean in BSP and kicked all the way to Mother's Beach with my friend Jason.

I'm looking to venture out next to an AO aka: "the Cement Jungle", in LA Harbor (San Pedro area).

Will someone please point me in the correct direction to the "CJ".
    I'm still in quest of my first legal SSB.

Thanx

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Thanx everyone for all the positive responses to my post.

Last weekend I launched close to 55th place and Ocean in BSP and kicked all the way to Mother's Beach with my friend Jason.

I'm looking to venture out next to an AO aka: "the Cement Jungle", in LA Harbor (San Pedro area).

Will someone please point me in the correct direction to the "CJ".
    I'm still in quest of my first legal SSB.

Thanx

SP Dan <"))><
    If Bones doesn't tell you I will.

Hi ya Martin,

I did my own research and noticed that people were sitting on the dock edges and doing the leap of faith onto their float tubes.
    Hopping onto the FT from 18" - 20" above the water off the dock seems to be the easy, yet tricky part of getting aboard ... it's the getting out (off the FT) that seems as though will be the obstacle for me in my mind.
    Do you have any suggestions for me?
    Bones hasn't jumped in as of yet. Please take the leap!

I drove, searched and walked all-around Terminal Island; and off the island, just on the other side of the channel for 4-hours this past weekend and for 3-hours the previous weekend.
    I really want to fish LAH but Cabrillo Beach seems to be the closest launch without getting back-in on private properties, private parking, private business's and yacht clubs with leaping off of splintery docks.

I've even thought about standing up on the FT seat to get out .... Hmmm ... I'd have to try it out in my swimming pool first. Could be tricky.

Puzzled!

Dan
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-11-2016 at 03:21 PM.