Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
I'll give you the punch line first and then my supporting arguments. There is a huge trend in the Red states (where else) to make voting much more difficult. Their logic is to eliminate the Demorats who would vote against them from not voting at all. (thus winning the election) The danger of this policy is for the descendants of not just the Demorats but the Republicans too of losing their rights to vote at all!!!!!

I know what some of you are thinking, "we have rights protected in the Constitution to prevent that from happening." Well how to you think their getting away with it now?????? It's because of the Conservative Supreme Court keeps letting the voters rights laws being watered down. Add to that another SCOTUS decision, the one of "Citizens United," where hundreds of millions of dollars from just a very few people can be donated to influence an election. Does this sound like I'm making this up???? Nope!!!!! The Hunt brothers and a few of their friends are spending $800 million dollars this year on the 2016 Presidential election.

As the years pass and the 1% keep getting more and more of our nations wealth and influencing the elections even more. (In the mean time they will be packing the SCOTUS with their kind of people) They will come to the conclusion, "what do we need the little man for????" Nothing!!!!! Except to hire as workers. They then can eliminate the common man from voting in steps. (see if these steps don't sound like the logic of today's Conservatives)

Since the 1% (job creators) pay most of the Federal Income tax, why not first disallow anyone who doesn't pay Federal Income tax from voting. There is even a Constitutional precedent for this!!!!! Our founding fathers felt, "if you don't have skin in the game" why should you be allowed to vote???? The founding fathers made it a requirement to vote, "you have to be a property owner!!!! If you're thinking the Supreme Court will protect you think again!!!! What's the biggest common trait an Ultra Conservative Justice has????? Their an originalist to the Constitution and that notion fits in quite well. Besides they been packing the SCOTUS for years with their kind of people before they would try this!!!!!

They could stop there and only allow 30% of the population to vote. (that's the number that would be paying tax's then) (it's now only 53% of the population is paying Federal income tax's) As human nature goes and the Rich are even getting richer, why not make voting only for the special elite. At this point they have all the money and the power, so why not.

People when then look back and say, "when did this all get started and why????" The sad answer was, "the Republicans thought they could steal a few more elections this way." They had no idea, "they would be letting the genie out of the bottle!!!"

I didn't make this stuff up myself, "I saw a book review this past weekend on Cspan about this very subject." I thought it would be kinda fun to spread this story around. Everything he said is plausible!!!!!!!
Does it REALLY matter? You do realize with the "super-delegates and electoral votes" the popular vote means less an less every election cycle. Watch when Hillary is nominated and then elected because that's the way it' "supposed" to be. We'll discuss this in great detail I'm sure after the election and everybody is p'd off. The choices are made behind closed doors. We only are given the illusion that we have one iota of say in what's really happening. Get ready because she's coming. I can't stand her either, but if that orange haired orangutan look alike idiot is the other choice, then I guess I'll have to live with Hillary.