Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The MARSH

Night crawler, and meal worms, both seamed to work well. I plan on going out again not this weekend but the next. A lot will depend on the wind! It was a real good time, one of the best times I have had in a really long time. I am thinking of looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom house out there, I plan on retiring in 3 years, and was thinking of Florida, but after spending the weekend out there on the river, I'm thinking that Blythe may just be a valid option.

Quote Originally Posted by riverbud55 View Post
    Dang probably saw ya out there,went out Sun. night for a few hours, got one little kitty dang wind kept me off the water for most of the weekend,,, have a/2 place/s in Golden Shores, great little hideaway to R&R, try to make it out every 2 or 3 weekends, going be there this weekend. if not chowing down at the house then I get my eats at hooch's or the silver dollar ,, got a place for sale after I upgraded last year.. what ya use for bait on the crappie,,,
    Yes the wind was terrible that day. I don't go very often but my uncle basically lives in golden shores. We were using road runners for the crappie.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Yes the wind was terrible that day. I don't go very often but my uncle basically lives in golden shores. We were using road runners for the crappie.
    .ya think they like the flash of the RR in that water during and after a windy day,, think n next time out going to put the lights out along with some baby feeder goldfish for bait and do some night fish n,,, do a little combo kitty and crappie

most likely have seen your uncle or may even know him,,, ya know I think everybody knows everybody in that town, few more years Ill be out there full time, cant wait to get the heck out of California ,, only problem in that town is the frig n thieving tweakers but the AZ gun laws keep them in check ,, not a bad place when your neighbor is walking down the street headed to the desert with a AR-15 and a can of ammo and tells ya good morn n

pic from last summer,,, not a good day for the marsh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1182.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	48072  
    Last edited by riverbud55; 04-07-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Where exactly is the marsh from Bylthe? is it a long way? I already fished Katherines landing Willow beach and Cattail cove! the drive was a 6 hour one from where I live and Blythe was a mere 3 hours, so with the fuel costs as well as the camping fees and launch fees, Blythe was a breath of fresh air. Generally I don't worry too much about the cost when it comes to fishing, but I have over extended my self reciently and I really need to get a grip on my spending habits. I love to fish, but the cost is starting to become a little much, each trip to the river around Havasue cost upwards of $600 per trip, seeing as how I ended up going 3 different times in February, charging everything to the credit card, I didn't really realize just how out of control that I had allowed myself to get! I now have $15,000 in credit card debt... And stopping off at BPS 2 or 3 times a month has not really helped!

Topock Marsh is is just north of the I-40 and the river,,, just over a 100 miles north up CA 95 from Blythe,,, topock 242 miles from here in Riverside and Blythe 168,,,, man 600 for a weekend is a bundle ,,, drive my car out there n back for 50 bucks plus maybe 10 for bait pretty much what I spend for the weekend other then eating but dont count that cuz got eat somethn somewhere ,,, only thing is ended up owning a 2nd home but it well be my retirement home in a short time and its bought a paid for,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151026_161901.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	48092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151026_152105.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	48093  

Those pictures look really nice and peaceful, where is that?

Looks like a great time to me! Good job getting out there with your Uncle, I'm sure he enjoys taking you out more than you might know!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12