Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The MARSH

Default The MARSH

Had some luck this week at the marsh. Fun time with my uncle.

What kind of fish are those on the stringer? I've never seen them, Also what or where is the marsh?

Those are crappie. Sorry I suck at posting. Basically the marsh is the backwaters of the river. It's behind golden shores.

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    ... Also what or where is the marsh?
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    ... Basically the marsh is the backwaters of the river. It's behind golden shores.
    Sounds like Topock Marsh.

Is that anywhere near Blythe? I have decided to go ahead and check out the Blythe area this next weekend, I have been to the Arizona parts of the Colorado, it is really a long drive for me, and I was not very successful with the fish, weather had a great part to play in that, so now I want to recon the Blythe area, with emphasis on looking for these back waters and canals, I have been reading about. Going to take my old 17 foot boat for the first few trips till I get a hang for the area and the dangerous, shallow areas.

I would like to have some more specifics were the crappie were caught. I live in Long Beach, California and love crappie and catfishing. Any specifics would be greatly appreciated. Thank

Topock is right off the 40 fwy as soon as you cross the bridge into Arizona. Use to be a campground there called catfish paradise where you could camp and launch but it is been gone for many years I have not been there for a long time . You cannot not get there from the river on a boat.

Nice!!
    the 2nd bass looks like its been eating crappies!!!

thanks for sharing.

Thanks mad bass. It was fun spending time with my uncle. I don't get to do it enough.

Dang probably saw ya out there,went out Sun. night for a few hours, got one little kitty dang wind kept me off the water for most of the weekend,,, have a/2 place/s in Golden Shores, great little hideaway to R&R, try to make it out every 2 or 3 weekends, going be there this weekend. if not chowing down at the house then I get my eats at hooch's or the silver dollar ,, got a place for sale after I upgraded last year.. what ya use for bait on the crappie,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0181.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	48024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	48023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0169.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	48022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3005-copy-1_edited (266 x 334).jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	48025  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast